Fred Holton

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Not sure how this bad news for us. Cant miss what you never had Easy-E. Im ready to see Milton transfer his intensity from special teams to the SS spot

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not sure how this bad news for us. Cant miss what you never had Easy-E. Im ready to see Milton transfer his intensity from special teams to the SS spot
Are you surprised by this? I always thought he was a dedicated athlete who had his head screwed on straight. I know he has two daughters and was probably leaving anyways after this year.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Man after everybody kept posting how great of a player Fred was, I was actually getting excited.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The potential downside that concerns me is that it seems Holton was popular on the team. We saw in 2010 what happens when the team gets is attitude messed up.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Are you surprised by this? I always thought he was a dedicated athlete who had his head screwed on straight. I know he has two daughters and was probably leaving anyways after this year.

Surprising? No, not really. It happens every year. Guys that seems to have promise just doesnt become a factor like we expect or want them to from my time there it was Laurence Marius, Jamaal Evans, Taalib Tucker, DJ Donley, Antonio Foster, Willie White and so on...

Do you guys expect for us to take another DB now? Someone we have been slow playing

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Too bad for him but the bolded portion is quite true. Time for Milton to shine.

Hope Fred gets his degree and puts it to good use for his daughters and himself.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
What's really sad is the fact that he was finally cleared to play. It had to be something pretty significant for CPJ to just cut him from the team.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Surprising? No, not really. It happens every year. Guys that seems to have promise just doesnt become a factor like we expect or want them to from my time there it was Laurence Marius, Jamaal Evans, Taalib Tucker, DJ Donley, Antonio Foster, Willie White and so on...

Do you guys expect for us to take another DB now? Someone we have been slow playing
That is quite a list. DJ Donley was a shame. Kid had a ton of promise!

I don't think this changes things too much because he had hinted to the staff that he was probably going to bolt after this year. But I wouldn't be surprised if they take another DB because of this. I think they will keep after Montae and if they ever feel like they are out of it that when they will decide if they go after another DB.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I really hate this for Fred but rules are rules. The choices you make carry consequences and that's one of life's tougher lessons. I hope and pray he continues on for his degree and has a productive future.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

I was counting on him for depth and really thought he would have a good year.