Fournet and McCafferty may get playoff

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Just maybe all the players who are beginning to not play in bowl games may get us a real playoff. Maybe 16 teams?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Still prefer 8 ;)

The players skipping are skipping opportunities as well as the threat of injury. I don't think skipping will become widespread.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Still prefer 8 ;)

The players skipping are skipping opportunities as well as the threat of injury. I don't think skipping will become widespread.
I hope you're right but I think it could go the other way. If that happens I hope it leads to a more inclusive playoff.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I can't fault the guys either way. But the best RB in the nation played a great Michigan Defense ran all over them then Declared. I have to give a man props for risking it for a big win for the team that got him that far.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If it's cool for players to skip out on the bowl, is it cool for players on mediocre teams to sit once they've lost a handful of games? I'm just wondering where this ends. Football is a rough game not suited for people afraid of getting hurt. It's also a team game. If these guys can justify skipping out on a game with their team then I guess that's their right. Hope the NFL works out for them.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
If it's cool for players to skip out on the bowl, is it cool for players on mediocre teams to sit once they've lost a handful of games? I'm just wondering where this ends. Football is a rough game not suited for people afraid of getting hurt. It's also a team game. If these guys can justify skipping out on a game with their team then I guess that's their right. Hope the NFL works out for them.

Players like Fournet, McCafferty, and Cook don't get recruited as students. They don't get recruited as teammates for a college team. They get recruited to act like college students and get a shot at the NFL. All three of them made a lot of money for their "schools". None of them owe anything else to the schools. If schools actually put students on the field to compete, this would not be an issue. If NCAA schools want to run football as a business, the "student" athletes should treat it exactly the same.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Isn't that basically what Clowney did a few years ago?