Former Auburn Pkayers Caught With Hundreds Of Pounds Of Marijuana Crossing Border

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
On a side note, why didn’t they just buy it or grow it legally? Why is this still a federal crime when it’s legal in many states? Why would you take a risk like that and think you wouldn’t get caught?

I am a proponent of relaxing drug laws in general. However, it is still against federal law. There has been at least one case where the feds prosecuted a store owner for violating federal statutes. The judge actually stated that "Federal law has not changed". I don't use drugs and have no desire to. If I did have a desire to partake or get in the business, I wouldn't because it is still illegal in the entire US under federal law.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-ra...n-federal-law-has-not-changed-judge-says.html

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am a proponent of relaxing drug laws in general. However, it is still against federal law. There has been at least one case where the feds prosecuted a store owner for violating federal statutes. The judge actually stated that "Federal law has not changed". I don't use drugs and have no desire to. If I did have a desire to partake or get in the business, I wouldn't because it is still illegal in the entire US under federal law.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-ra...n-federal-law-has-not-changed-judge-says.html
Another instance of federal over-reach. Not the way our system was set up to work. This is obviously a matter that should be legislated at the state level, just like alcohol sales.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Another instance of federal over-reach. Not the way our system was set up to work. This is obviously a matter that should be legislated at the state level, just like alcohol sales.

I don't disagree with you. It wouldn't have helped these guys(the former Auburn guys) because they were crossing a border with the stuff. The feds do have jurisdiction there.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't disagree with you. It wouldn't have helped these guys(the former Auburn guys) because they were crossing a border with the stuff. The feds do have jurisdiction there.
I'm not pro-legalization of drugs. My only comment is that whether drugs are legal or illegal is a state matter, not a federal matter, just like alcohol.