For Those of You Who Are.......

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Constantly trying find good quality Georgia Tech apparel and are frustrated by the very limited choices, retail outlets and lack of sizes, you need to look at this on-line apparel site......

http://www.prepsportswear.com/

They have a huge selection of quality apparel and hundreds of customization options. College. Military, High School, Mascots, create your own team and they add products almost weekly. I have purchased and customized Tee-Shirts, Sweatshirts and Polos. Their quality is excellent, their customer service is excellent and you always get what you see and design.

What they don't have is permission from the Georgia Tech Licensing Committee to use the Georgia Tech Logo. In their Vintage Apparel category you can get Georgia Tech 'Engineers', 'Golden Tornadoes' and in their Mascots category they have 'Yellow Jackets' in Tech Colors. They also have a category called 'Build your own Team' where you can type in Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and design your own apparel. It is absolutely STUPID to deny them a license to use the Tech logos. I have appealed to the committee and to the GTAA several times and they won't do it. One of the reasons Georgia Tech has been completely overwhelmed in name brand recognition in the market place is Georgia Tech's paranoia at granting licenses to retail stores and sport apparel companies. What is their problem?! The more people that wear their name the better. When I put on Tech Gear, I'm a walking/talking Georgia Tech advertisement. Not only that I pay for the privilege and Tech gets a royalty.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I had hard time finding any Tech gear this past weekend when I was in Atl. The biggest selection was at Sports Authority and most were deeply discounted. I got GT shorts for $14 that are on rambling wreck for $24.