For God and Country, Go TCU!!!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I hope TCU wanting this more carries them through because there is an enormous gap favoring the Dawgs in pretty much every other facet of this matchup.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
1672719141303.png

Cdogg has become Cfrogg.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
You should hear my UGA parents talking about Florida and Alabama and Tenn…this is normal for a rivalry. You “we think too much about UGA” guys need to relax.
The difference is one is a divisional rival and the other was the penultimate team holding them back from multiple national titles. In my lifetime, in terms of a team holding us back from reaching the next step and close loses and wins our biggest rival should’ve been VT. UGA has been an annual slaughter for as long as I can remember, outside of 3 years. I hate UGA like everyone else but it’s impossible to compare us to them and I doubt we play them by the end of the decade.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
The difference is one is a divisional rival and the other was the penultimate team holding them back from multiple national titles. In my lifetime, in terms of a team holding us back from reaching the next step and close loses and wins our biggest rival should’ve been VT. UGA has been an annual slaughter for as long as I can remember, outside of 3 years. I hate UGA like everyone else but it’s impossible to compare us to them and I doubt we play them by the end of the decade.

You must not be very old. Yes, they win the game 75% of the time, but COFH has historically been a pretty close game. Prior to 2017, 14 of the last 22 matchups were one possession games(we even won one of the 8 multiple score games). 5 of those 8 multiple score games were between 9 and 14 points. This isn’t ancient history. This isn’t Dodd and Heisman. This is O-Leary, Gailey and Johnson.

They are on a historically great run right now and we have been on a historically bad run right now. Don’t be a prisoner of the moment. We competed with them(defending champs about to possibly win two in a row) for almost three quarters with our 3rd and 4th string QB at their home a month ago! It’s not as far off as the doom and gloomers claim. I was one of the most negative posters here during the Collins era and often got in trouble for it. I’m not one to blow smoke up our *** for the sake of doing so. History teaches a different lesson than our hurt feelings over the last few years.

Last edited:

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope TCU wanting this more carries them through because there is an enormous gap favoring the Dawgs in pretty much every other facet of this matchup.
I don't think TCU has much of a chance and probably loses by 20- they were fortunate to get the breaks they did vs Michigan. Would be awesome for college football if they did pull off the upset! Would be the first non-factory team to win it in over 30 years.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Get ready Los Angeles, the Beverly Hillbillies(with Jed & Granny Clampett) are coming back to town. They won’t stay long this time, is the good news. The bad news is the Atlanta Hartsfield airport was jammed this morning, so get ready.

Side note: Front plates are being made these days for the missing teeth. Do they sell razor blades in Athens or outside of the Metro Atlanta area?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just tuned in and thought I heard that Uga X the Bulldog didn't make the trip. Looks like that's right below.

Anyway, bulldogs are so screwed up genetically. They can't fly since they have breathing problems and are one of the dog breeds that have to fly in a fully pressurized compartment. A quote "The bulldog may be a symbol of strength and tenacity, but more than a century of selective breeding has weakened the once-tough canine. The dogs have breathing, skeletal, and skin problems, and, even worse, many can't naturally mate or give birth."

In any event, I have little hope for TCU and the 13.5 point line seems about right. Of course the E$PN announcers are trying to make it sound like it'll be a game worth watching for the next 4 hours.