For Funzies, what changes would you make on Offense?

MountPGT1990

Banned
As an arm chair QB/coach I would love to see what our offense could do with the following changes:

1) M. Marshall moves to A back (similar to when A. Allen played A back with Dwyer at B Back)
2) T. Marshall moves back to being A Back
3) MLD moves back to being an A Back

4) C. Lynch moves to WR
5) Qua Searcy moves to WR

Just seems like CPJ always talks about getting best talent on the field and for some odd reason I don't feel like we are doing that.

Could you imagine this as our starting lineup?: I think it would be lethal personally

BBack- Mills backed up by Benson/Quaide
ABack- M. Marshall backed up by JJ Green
A Back- T. Marshall backed up by MLD and Cottrell
WR- Jeune and Searcy
WR- C. Lynch and Jalen Camp

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
As an arm chair QB/coach I would love to see what our offense could do with the following changes:

1) M. Marshall moves to A back (similar to when A. Allen played A back with Dwyer at B Back)
2) T. Marshall moves back to being A Back
3) MLD moves back to being an A Back

4) C. Lynch moves to WR
5) Qua Searcy moves to WR

Just seems like CPJ always talks about getting best talent on the field and for some odd reason I don't feel like we are doing that.

Could you imagine this as our starting lineup?: I think it would be lethal personally

BBack- Mills backed up by Benson/Quaide
ABack- M. Marshall backed up by JJ Green
A Back- T. Marshall backed up by MLD and Cottrell
WR- Jeune and Searcy
WR- C. Lynch and Jalen Camp

J know its crazy
Mills jt stay in on all plays.
First play TO
Second play with the heavier stronger backs wr we line up in I formation and run counter pulling parker and marshall.
Play 3 . With fasters guys we go double wide spread and run qb draw.
Play 4 punt

Coach fired.

It was fun while it lasted.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Why would you take our 2 most dynamic AB's and put them in position to potentially touch the ball once a game?

Anyways, I wouldn't really change much unless it involved having Shaq Mason back.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Why would you take our 2 most dynamic AB's and put them in position to potentially touch the ball once a game?

Anyways, I wouldn't really change much unless it involved having Shaq Mason back.
well my first order of business would be to bring in under the radar freshman Maq Shason and put him at guard

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Yoda. Run the damn football. I said in a different thread I'd like to see us come out and run 30 times in a row at Pitt.

I'd also like to see us change our recruiting balance and add another offensive lineman and another defensive lineman to the roster (this probably means one less defensive back and one less A back).

/

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I would rocket toss a lot more, especially early in the game. We have lots of talented AB depth (puts Jarrett and Cottrell to more use) for this play and several backup WRs to block. Use Lee and Stickler some to spell the tackles. This wears out the D and opens up the middle and some off side plays. It will also get those LBs out of the A gaps that is hurting our O execution. We also pass and counter off the rocket toss fake. Put our depth to work!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I would love to see MLD back at A-back. He is an explosive blocker. Our wr's blocking doesn't matter if the abacks whiff. Shore up the folks closest to the ball(OL-> BB-> AB->WR)then work your way back.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Won't happen with the TO, but utilize TE's in certain formations.

We do have a heavy set where we line up and extra OL (ineligible by number) as an extra end. We have a tight set where we line up WR's (eligible) at the end of the line. We also have sets where we line up A-Backs closer to the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure what we need to accomplish with a tight end that can't be accomplished by one of those sets.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
If we keep seeing 3/4, 3-3-1 and eagling, I might have a power schemes (belly, G) package with Shamire at T. Could get Mills running behind bryan and braun in space against LBs if shamire can get push. We went to that in Q3 against CU (w/o shamtackle) and neutralized their DL by varying the drive blocking and cut blocking in occasional faster developing speed option. It would put shamire on some angles and power blocks instead of forcing him to roll around on the ground.

IMO MM is a gadget back that should cross train at A&B.

Also, I feel like I would also line up all of the arm chair coaches against the players we talk crap about, and the coaches we think haven't thought through all of this. Proud of this team.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
We do have a heavy set where we line up and extra OL (ineligible by number) as an extra end. We have a tight set where we line up WR's (eligible) at the end of the line. We also have sets where we line up A-Backs closer to the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure what we need to accomplish with a tight end that can't be accomplished by one of those sets.
Another way to put this is that we do have a tight end set but we put a WR or OT at TE, which is not ideal.

Put it does give us the arbitrage of running a power set without telegraphing the package with substitution.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

Diversity ... A big body that can block and/or catch, enabling the QB to switch into a 3-step drop over the middle where a blitzing LB would have been if he reads blitz.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

It would be nice to have a 6-5 250 lb TE go over middle vs LBs instead of 5-10,190 lb Abacks

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
Just dreaming--
go to shotgun SOME esp in long 3rd downs,JT needs the time to see
I would love to see some shotgun, but I really doubt the offensive line could give him the time he needs to see. Especially with the way they have been missing assignments lately...