Football Q&A thread

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think they are holding out to keep guys focused on practice this week.

They will give Chungong a chance to start and keep starting by his play in games. They will make Freeman earn the spot in both practice and the game field.

The WR starters will depend on Summers practicing this week due to injury last week.

Very interested in the BB and AB depth given Days recent work at BB and Leggett's red shirt last week.

OL is set.

Will Pat take the starting spot from Green?

CB is set.

LB is set depending on injury and practice this week. Harrell should not come into play until he practices full speed.

QB is set.

Safeties... Smith will have to beat out Golden or Johnson on the game field to earn his starting spot?

I think we are getting in a good place with our safeties and linebackers, that is, similar to our ABs: Good depth and quality and starting not such a big issue as several can play. Might say the same for the WRs. OL may be there in 2015. I see this as a big improvement in our overall program, tho we have a ways to go (BB, DT).

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know where I can find the video of Smelters block last year on the Ole Miss guy? Thanks for help

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Depends on his performance...he's only been there two days now. The coaches think he's a natural fit...I think he has a chance to be the #2.

Eric,
This is funny looking back at AUG.Days is now the man at Bback it looks like.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Is Marcus Allen still on the team? Can he contribute ... anywhere? Was a really good athlete coming out of HS.

He is as far as I know...Honestly forgot about the kid.

He was a great ATH who was raw...Personally I hope we move him back to B back.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
He is as far as I know...Honestly forgot about the kid.

He was a great ATH who was raw...Personally I hope we move him back to B back.
Still on the team. Listed as 6-2 225 OLB. Haven't seen him in the field for special teams or anything. Which is wierd for his athleticism. Dog house maybe?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Still on the team. Listed as 6-2 225 OLB. Haven't seen him in the field for special teams or anything. Which is wierd for his athleticism. Dog house maybe?

That's what I was thinking. He can't help on special teams or anything? Maybe he'll shock us.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Allen played some on ST last year...he's not in the dog house that I have heard of.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
with 18 OL next year and 2 DT next year with FR coming in adding 2-3 more don't we need DTs. Klock had 85 tackles 21 for losses his Sr. yr.
It makes sense, even if just for the short term (ala Mansfield Wrotto), when you've got Chamberlain, Griffin, Joe, and Fromayan all coming back next year as your top 4, and then you've got Preddy, one of the Jakes, and Will Bryan looking to compete for the 2-Deep as well next year. Maybe even look at moving Preddy if you're not willing to give up Klock. We'll need bodies there just to get through Spring and it would be nice to have somebody there with at least a year of college development and a Spring to get the position down.