Food options around BDS

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I was wondering, what some good set down restaurants where I could get a good meal and drink within walking distance of BDS would be. Suggestions please.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Well I would say no more than 2 miles from the stadium and when I say good I like a good steak, Mexican, Italian.... Really just about anything not picky and also somewhere I could get a couple "drinks" (y)

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I've found the Barrel House to be a pretty good location for upscale-ish pub fare. It's located right in the heart of Technology Square, between West Peachtree and Spring Streets, and a short walk across the 5th Street Bridge from the stadium.

www.barrelhouseatl.com/

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
These are always my favorite threads because I get to tell someone else... DO NOT GO TO GORDON BIERSCH! That place is the worst.

Vortex is good. There are a variety of fast food type options along 5th street in Tech Square. Cypress Pint & Plate is on Cypress Street behind the Biltmore Hotel.

Last I was there, there was a good Taco Mac at the Metropolis building on Peachtree Street.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Gyro Bros is the best gyro I've had outside of Chicago. It's in Tech Square, right next to Moe's. Not much seating inside, but plenty of tables outside. Good deal too, $8 for a meal with fries and a drink (cheaper on weekends, I think). Large portions, served very quickly, and great tasting food (fries are fantastic). Worth checking out, I go there once a week. If you dine in though, prepare to smell like gyro for the day.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Senor patron is some pretty good Mexican food and then Cypress pint and street is good American style food with some good drinks and nice setting. Both easily walkable to and from campus.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for all the suggestions. I normally either go to the varsity or eat at the stadium because we take Marta to avoid traffic but we're wanting to make it a full evening close by the stadium so these options will definetly help.