Flex Bone at Tech in 1999

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, Fridge liked the trip. We ran it a lot in 1990, especially what he called the "freeze option". That's what we call a counter option, but run out of the I. Shawn Jones was really good at it.

I wanted us to go to it all the time, but with Hamiliton and Godsey and, especially, the unreal WRs we had in those days, that wouldn't have made much sense.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
In 1996, Tech and O'Leary and got an nasty lesson in facing the slotbone/Hambone offense when Navy came to town and defeated Tech 36-26. (I was there for it.) Navy's offensive coordinator was in his second year at Annapolis, having come from Hawaii. Yep, Paul Johnson. Navy went 9-3 that season. And afterwards, Paul Johnson was then off to Statesboro for his first head coaching gig.

northgajacket

Banned
For those that love passing offenses and love the option, CRF's offense was a joy to watch. Man, he could light up that scoreboard.
upload_2017-5-3_20-42-39.jpeg

You mean like this?

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-3_20-42-0.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-3_20-42-0.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 10

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That was the only game I've ever attended in Tallahassee. Joe was brilliant. So was Peter Warrick.

That 99 team with 2 stud DTs could have beaten anyone in the country and might have won em all. Some things never change. (No disrespect intended to the guys at DT, they gave their all)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That was the only game I've ever attended in Tallahassee. Joe was brilliant. So was Peter Warrick.

That 99 team with 2 stud DTs could have beaten anyone in the country and might have won em all. Some things never change. (No disrespect intended to the guys at DT, they gave their all)
We had Gathers at DT in '99.
On a side note, I attended my first and only game in Tally exactly 10 yrs later. Different outcome.