Fishing

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I've gotten back into Kayak fishing lately. I've mainly fished the Chattahoochee for striper in the past. Anyone know of any good lakes or rivers with some large or small mouth bass to hit up? I've been trying Stone Mountain Lake lately, but with no fish finder, its hard to get on the fish without knowing some good spots.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've gotten back into Kayak fishing lately. I've mainly fished the Chattahoochee for striper in the past. Anyone know of any good lakes or rivers with some large or small mouth bass to hit up? I've been trying Stone Mountain Lake lately, but with no fish finder, its hard to get on the fish without knowing some good spots.

In the Rome area, there's the Coosa/Etowah River, and I'm a big fan of Dry Creek that's close by. It's past the season, but early spring Stripers make a run through there...and it's a sight to behold. There's a honey hole among those three which I'll keep to myself :)

Little River Canyon just across the GA line in Alabama is another favorite spot of mine.

Coosawattee River leading up to Carter's Dam at Carter's Lake. Carter's Lake overall, but also the creeks that branch off the Lake. Carter's lake is pretty well known for some great Striper fishing.

If you have the time, I'd highly recommend Bay/Ocean fishing in a Kayak. Some of the most fun I've ever had was saltwater fishing in a Kayak...especially a good stable kayak that will allow you to stand. I have a pedal drive kayak which is kinda cheating if you're kayak purist, but dang it if my arms like it more than paddling!

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
In the Rome area, there's the Coosa/Etowah River, and I'm a big fan of Dry Creek that's close by. It's past the season, but early spring Stripers make a run through there...and it's a sight to behold. There's a honey hole among those three which I'll keep to myself :)

Little River Canyon just across the GA line in Alabama is another favorite spot of mine.

Coosawattee River leading up to Carter's Dam at Carter's Lake. Carter's Lake overall, but also the creeks that branch off the Lake. Carter's lake is pretty well known for some great Striper fishing.

If you have the time, I'd highly recommend Bay/Ocean fishing in a Kayak. Some of the most fun I've ever had was saltwater fishing in a Kayak...especially a good stable kayak that will allow you to stand. I have a pedal drive kayak which is kinda cheating if you're kayak purist, but dang it if my arms like it more than paddling!
Yes I've heard about the etowah river for striper, but the rest is all new to me! Thank you so much for the info. If you're ever in Atlanta, check out the Chattahoochee below Morgan falls dam. Striper bite there consistently from early spring to late fall. I've caught 18lbs there, but just helped my buddy pull a 23lbs striper in a few weeks ago.

I also just got a pedal kayak and will never be going back, cheating or not lol. I just got home from fishing not too long ago and am not tired at all, whereas before, I'd be passed out right now from paddling the same distance (maybe even less).

I will definitely try some costal/ salt water this year.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
If you can find a buddy who is a member of Foxhall Farms in Douglas County, they have Biologist managed lakes that consistently produce double digit largies. Also dont be afraid to knock on doors seeking permission. I miss fishing in Georgia so much.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
If you can find a buddy who is a member of Foxhall Farms in Douglas County, they have Biologist managed lakes that consistently produce double digit largies. Also dont be afraid to knock on doors seeking permission. I miss fishing in Georgia so much.
I've never heard of there, is that Chattahoochee hills area? Also did you get your boat setup? I remember you were looking to name it last time.