First play of the GTvMiami

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What is CPJs first play call on Saturday...

I am struggling to decided. With TQM I go with a speed option. With TO I would start with the QB sweep.... and allow the pitch on play two.

The rocket toss did well in last years game. The dive did not do well last year.

My bet is that CPJ starts with TQM on power/lead option.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Midline. The best all around defender on the Miami defense is the DT Willis. Let's take him out of being a factor in as many plays as possible. That or a rocket if Miami gives us the edge on one of the sides.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pass. It hasn't worked yet as the first play of the game so should this time. (tic)

I like the TO myself; give them what they expect and then mess with their minds on the next play.

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
True. You’re absolutely right. So there is that data point.

I’m just not sure if we’ll get the “chunk” yardage we like to see on the perimeter. I think we’ll get yardage but I’m not sure if it’ll be enough to beat them with only that facet of the option game working. No doubt, we’ll get ours one way or the other. But they are always fast and that can sometimes tone down the scheme advantages we have, especially when we take it to the outside. Running east to west vs north and south. Sometimes.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
True. You’re absolutely right. So there is that data point.

I’m just not sure if we’ll get the “chunk” yardage we like to see on the perimeter. I think we’ll get yardage but I’m not sure if it’ll be enough to beat them with only that facet of the option game working. No doubt, we’ll get ours one way or the other. But they are always fast and that can sometimes tone down the scheme advantages we have, especially when we take it to the outside. Running east to west vs north and south. Sometimes.
If we can get them to run out of position, their team speed will be working against them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Or double team him on the qb sweep.
So u are noticing mia has a good dt like vt has ( Tim Settles) and are calling the double team .

Good plan.

Then like vt run the fake sweep and the bb dive - off the double team but the rg comes off the double team to get a piece of the mlb.

On first play we run the stretch zone blocking QB sweep. The linemen get angles on the lb. Great down blocks by camp and 22