Fired Up Thread

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok GT Fans.
It is time to get FIRED UP!
This is for the Championship.
The ACCCG against the undefeated defending National Champions!
This will, at minimum, lock us into the Orange Bowl, get us into the top 10 and, with a lot of luck, may even get us into the Playoff.

We own the Hokies.
We own the 'Canes.
We own the Tigers.
We own the Mutts.
Now it is time to Own the 'Noles -

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
You know after watching that video a couple of things come to my mind

1) Nesbitt was a beast, pure an simply, I don't know if we will ever see another Nesbitt on the flats.

2) We are very lucky to have CPJ as our coach, and we are having another great ride.

3) Man that Defense was horrible, we always had to outscore people

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
You know after watching that video a couple of things come to my mind

1) Nesbitt was a beast, pure an simply, I don't know if we will ever see another Nesbitt on the flats.

2) We are very lucky to have CPJ as our coach, and we are having another great ride.

3) Man that Defense was horrible, we always had to outscore people
For a QB, Nesbitt was a tank.
I can recall some pretty tough QBs. Tracy Ham for Southern was tough and played under Johnson. Shawn Jones was pretty tough too.
But I think Nesbitt was the toughest ever at the flats.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I loved Nesbitt, he was as tough as nails, a warrier, and just had that it factor- the indominable will to win. That being said i believe he had pretty much hit his ceiling as a quarterback, whereas i feel we have just seen the tip of the iceburg on JT's talent.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Nesbitt reminds me of Byerly. ;)

Serious question, if you had to pick between Nesbitt and JT, who would you play?

That's a real good question. Honestly haven't given that hypothetical much thought. They bring very different things to the table...

knee-jerk choice is JT. I say that because he beat UGA. Until we start beating them regularly, that is the bench mark for our quaterbacks. Right or wrong, that's how I look at them. To this day, I still think Godsey was one of our greatest quarterbacks because he owned the dawgs.

If all things between them were equal, I still like JT i think...he's faster to the edge and we have bbacks who can run it up the middle and having that big play threat on the edge with both qback and aback is a nice dimension. I also think JT has better accuracy as indicated by CPJ's confidence to let him hit the short and mid range routes rather than bombs all day.

JT has a special opportunity here to go out with quite a legacy over the next couple years. I remember thinking the same of Reggie after his first year starting, but we didn't see much improvement over the next four years. I think we have the right staff in place to coach JT and see improvement YOY.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
That's a real good question. Honestly haven't given that hypothetical much thought. They bring very different things to the table...

knee-jerk choice is JT. I say that because he beat UGA. Until we start beating them regularly, that is the bench mark for our quaterbacks. Right or wrong, that's how I look at them. To this day, I still think Godsey was one of our greatest quarterbacks because he owned the dawgs.

If all things between them were equal, I still like JT i think...he's faster to the edge and we have bbacks who can run it up the middle and having that big play threat on the edge with both qback and aback is a nice dimension. I also think JT has better accuracy as indicated by CPJ's confidence to let him hit the short and mid range routes rather than bombs all day.

JT has a special opportunity here to go out with quite a legacy over the next couple years. I remember thinking the same of Reggie after his first year starting, but we didn't see much improvement over the next four years. I think we have the right staff in place to coach JT and see improvement YOY.
Nesbitt beat UGA too.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
JT may be more efficeint running the TO, But Nesbitt is still my favorite QB that I've seen in person. He would put the entire team on his back and carry them to victory. i will never forget Nesbitt ripping the ball away from the FSU linebacker, the man just refused to lose. JT is a lot of fun to watch and a great QB, but i fell in love with Nesbitt's Gladiator-like attitude.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

Hamilton was 2-2 vs Ugag.
Godsey was 1-1. (Let's forget the next 3)
Nesbitt was 1-1.
Washington was 0-3.
Vad was 0-1.
Justin is 1-0.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Rightfully so. JT is getting there, but JfN stole back a ball from an FSU defender. That's some next level sh-t
JT has some next level sh-t, too, and has two more years to make more. The Houdini escape/matador move/pass to Deon Hill to beat Ga So comes to mind. That duck under the arm/Where did he go? move against VT(?) is another.