Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
From the article:
Georgia Tech | F — There was some hope that Georgia Tech would take a step forward in 2021, but that did not really happen. The Yellow Jackets were 3-3 on Oct. 10, but they closed the season on a nine-game losing streak, and they lost their final two games by a combined score of 100-0.
So, no analysis, just a history of the wins and losses.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Here is a great way to add energy to this thread.
What game made u know we need to fire Collins.
U get an F if u say All of them.

I will go first
DUKE win on miricale pass. Thats fine. No issues. But go on tv in post game and say " gt has played grest offensive teams and Duke is a great offenvie team". I caught hell about that from wife. Then she shared it at thanksgiving family reunion. Yes, duke is a great offensive team when they play your team

Thought experiment - If the last second pass was incomplete and if recruiting showed weakness would u fire collins. I say no - not yet.
Chattanooga.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Imagine being a backup player listed as “above the linel and you sat on the sideline with your helmet on and watched play after play of the starter in your position not making plays. Game after game after game. And yet the coach who preaches ATL keeps putting the same player out there to get torched. You can talk culture and family all you want but that will destroy any teams chemistry and buy in. Right now, we are a team in name only. We have become a team of players looking out for themselves only because all trust in the coach is gone.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
Imagine being a backup player listed as “above the linel and you sat on the sideline with your helmet on and watched play after play of the starter in your position not making plays. Game after game after game. And yet the coach who preaches ATL keeps putting the same player out there to get torched. You can talk culture and family all you want but that will destroy any teams chemistry and buy in. Right now, we are a team in name only. We have become a team of players looking out for themselves only because all trust in the coach is gone.
Did this really happen? I thought one of the main reasons for the confusion of the players was the constant rotating of players.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
From what I gathered, although it was limited, he was like CGC. He is a rah, rah type of coach- lots of sizzle, not much steak. I wondered if the extra muscle made slower, less flexible players even slower and less flexible. We certainly didn't seem to have much leg drive from our Ol or DL. Like most of the team , they came to Tech with skills they needed to improve and years later they had not gotten noticeably better. Sigh.....I rated him as average, which is definitely higher than I would rate his boss at this point.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
From what I gathered, although it was limited, he was like CGC. He is a rah, rah type of coach- lots of sizzle, not much steak. I wondered if the extra muscle made slower, less flexible players even slower and less flexible. We certainly didn't seem to have much leg drive from our Ol or DL. Like most of the team , they came to Tech with skills they needed to improve and years later they had not gotten noticeably better. Sigh.....I rated him as average, which is definitely higher than I would rate his boss at this point.

You just couldn’t help giving a side shot at CGC could you. This isn’t even a defense of him, this is just wondering why we are talking about subject on z when we are talking about subject a. This is just hating to hate

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
You just couldn’t help giving a side shot at CGC could you. This isn’t even a defense of him, this is just wondering why we are talking about subject on z when we are talking about subject a. This is just hating to hate
Overreact much ?? Hate is YOUR word. You won't see the word hate in my post. I would classify it more as severely disappointed than hate. If I had wanted to say I hated CGC, I would have said that. I do not hate things or people who I know only on a superficial level. Hate is reserved for someone who is just a bad person overall, and I don't think that CGC is bad. I actually think he might be a great guy, just over his head as a HC.

Last edited:

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Did you see the 1st play of the ND game? We may be rotating some but the guys who start got the majority of the snaps and we all watched 12 games of the same guys getting beat. Imagine how frustrated you are about our team then imagine being a player listed as ATL who isn’t given a chance. The players aren’t buying the ATL stuff anymore because our coach has earned their distrust. At least now with guys “declaring” the coach will be forced to play someone else. One day our fanbase will look back at last year and realize just how bad our defense was. It was epically bad and the guy many are depending on fixing it has been in charge of it for 3 years.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s cute when a Service Academy runs the 3O, it’s pathetic when a Power 5 team does.

Doing what everyone else does only leads to success if you're more talented or much better coached than the other guy. The TO was a great twist for us. My biggest criticism of CPJ was that he was an old school recruiter, not someone who'd sell-out to sign a 18 year old.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Overreact much ?? Hate is YOUR word. You won't see the word hate in my post. I would classify it more as severely disappointed than hate. If I had wanted to say I hated CGC, I would have said that. I do not hate things or people who I know only on a superficial level. Hate is reserved for someone who is just a bad person overall, and I don't think that CGC is bad. I actually think he might be a great guy, just over his head as a HC.

And you said I overreacted?
But in all reality, I’m not saying you hate the guy, and if you want me to change my wording then fine. And I’m not trying to start a back and forth war like we see on some topics. Im just tired of people getting there pot shots in on a guy when we are on specific subjects that don’t have anything to do with CGC.