Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I get it, I'm not arguing that there are certainly gaping issues needing to be fixed (we won three games, an orangutan can realize there is a problem). I'm saying going after Coach Collins for doing something like sending out a snack survey (just an example, there's tons of knick knacky things that everyone loves to crucify the guy for) is just stupid, and it does nothing but breed negativity for negativity's sake. 'Cus what's really so wrong with asking the players what type of sandwich they like?
No disagreement. But keep that inside. Read the room. No one else needs to know. It’s not significant to fixing the mess he’s made

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
This might be the most accurate characterization of the GT fan base. At least the vast majority of folks who post on here.

Only time some of them were somewhat “happy” is when we had a salty old dude walking the sidelines.

I appreciated PJ’s demeanor when we were playing well. When we sucked, it was less bearable.

But when I think of GT fans, I think of stodgy old men talking about how hard the school is (“back in my day”), international students that don’t really care, or people that won’t make eye contact with you when you walk past them.

I guess it’s better than what I think of dwag fans or most SEC fans in general, but it’s still a sad state of what our fanbase is.
Winning more than losing was fun. Winning more than three a year was too..,

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand the crying about negativity. Internet forums trend negative in normal situations. We aren't normal right now. We have won 9 games in three years, we lost our last two games 100-0, our best player transferred, probably our best recruiter left, our top recruit went somewhere else, etc. We are a flaming dumpster fire. Why would you expect the board to not be primarily negative? If negativity bothers you, which I would completely understand, then internet forums full of disgruntled fans probably isn't the best use of your time.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, he rambles on and compliments everything and everybody. He is just too damn nice to be our Head Football Coach. He is thin-skinned and will not provide a direct answer to a question because he thinks he might hurt someone's feelings. It's hard to take him seriously because frankly he is not a serious person. I hope by some miracle he gets things turned around. So far he has not brought much to the party.

Go Jackets!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
This might be the most accurate characterization of the GT fan base. At least the vast majority of folks who post on here.

Only time some of them were somewhat “happy” is when we had a salty old dude walking the sidelines.

I appreciated PJ’s demeanor when we were playing well. When we sucked, it was less bearable.

But when I think of GT fans, I think of stodgy old men talking about how hard the school is (“back in my day”), international students that don’t really care, or people that won’t make eye contact with you when you walk past them.

I guess it’s better than what I think of dwag fans or most SEC fans in general, but it’s still a sad state of what our fanbase is.

Nah most of those old men didnt like johnson because he wasnt running something they actually understood. It did not look like what they remembered from their youth. Sure the bone was a thing. Sure the run and shoot had some similiar formations but that offense that offense didnt exist until 1983 it some club level football program in south georgia that had to use tape on their helmets to give it a stripe and wore practice jerseys bought from auburn.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer

Oh wait! You forgot to include the smart-*** know-it-alls who think they are better than the rest of us. ;)

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I’m glad I don’t live close enough to Atl for season tickets. Buying them is as much a vote of confidence as anything else, and I have no confidence in Geoff Collins’ ability to turn the thing around.
We need people to buy season tickets. A boycott to show no vote of confidence in Geoff Collins is not going to help the program in the long run. The next coach and future players are going to want to see fan support and revenue.