Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
He could have done a buy out but then what $$ would he have left to hire the replacement. He is trying to get to year 4 or 5 in the contract buyout. Hopefully he hasn't destroyed the fan base by then.
"Hopefully he hasn't destroyed the fan base by then." I think it's a little late for that.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess CSU wasn't as desperate to give this guy a ridiculous contract and buyout. I guess that is because he did not have to be part of the "greatest transition in history"? Give me a break. :rolleyes:
Dude, CSU is a G5 school (Mountain West). The money is much different there. Secondly, They are currently paying both Mike Bobo and Steve Adazio not to coach.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Dude, CSU is a G5 school (Mountain West). The money is much different there. Secondly, They are currently paying both Mike Bobo and Steve Adazio not to coach.
Not anywhere near the kind of $$ we need to send our failed experiment away. Who calls each other, "dude"?

FYI - I know G5 schools from P5 schools, and we are one of the poorest P5 schools around.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
Not anywhere near the kind of $$ we need to send our failed experiment away. Who calls each other, "dude"?

FYI - I know G5 schools from P5 schools, and we are one of the poorest P5 schools around.
Then you really shouldn't compare contracts and buyouts between G5 and P5 schools.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
I will take that on advisement. :D At the rate we are going, though, not sure how much longer we will be P5. There are schools (i.e. Liberty) that are G5 that are already paying more than us, and of course, getting much better results.
Haha. Excellent. I actually think we have more money than is frequently portrayed. We’re not on the top 30 of P5, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we are in the 35 to 50 range.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
Most recent rankings have had us in the 50-55 range.
Yep. I’m somewhat skeptical of those. Not all of the schools account their revenues and costs in the same way. I’m not going to die on this mountain, but if someone were to tell me those figures don’t reflect the real scenario, I wouldn’t be shocked.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yep. I’m somewhat skeptical of those. Not all of the schools account their revenues and costs in the same way. I’m not going to die on this mountain, but if someone were to tell me those figures don’t reflect the real scenario, I wouldn’t be shocked.

I don't see why you'd be skeptical. When you compare what we are spending, which is absolutely trackable, and what we are bringing in, which is also trackable, and compare it to every other public school we fall where we fall. The only question marks are the private schools, and there aren't nearly that many out there.

You can literally pull the yearly reports for the GTAA off the internet, same as all the public universities in the nation.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't see why you'd be skeptical. When you compare what we are spending, which is absolutely trackable, and what we are bringing in, which is also trackable, and compare it to every other public school we fall where we fall. The only question marks are the private schools, and there aren't nearly that many out there.

You can literally pull the yearly reports for the GTAA off the internet, same as all the public universities in the nation.
I remember reading something a few years ago talking about how Kansas revenues were under reported relative to other P5 schools because they didn’t include xxxxx and yyyyyy where other schools did. They were intentionally running a deficit in their athletic department. I never thought about it before, but it wouldn’t surprise me if lots of schools did this. Again, no big deal. If we are 50 to 55, so be it.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Dude I say “dude” all the time. Dude.

The dude-users are still around.

And The Dude abides.
1638510889075.gif