Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
He would be 4th at best on the depth chart at RB on this team.

He was a 40% passer and threw a pick for every 25 passes in a system designed to get wide open looks down the field.

If there wouldn’t have been so many injuries and attrition he probably wouldn’t have even played for CPJ’s system at RB, much less QB.

It was also a system that didn’t have short passes, so that 40% would certainly be much higher in the current system. Again though, if he was in at QB, how much worse would we be? Not much. Let him talk his ****. He’s done more for GT football than the coach who claimed TM’s teams weren’t real football.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion, the $ wouldn’t have offered him a chance to distance himself if that’s not the decision they ultimately want. They should just step up to the plate and force the issue. Why wait another year?

Yep. The ONLY reason I could think of is because so many marquee programs are looking for coaches this year. Still. Seems like they are done with him. If they are done with him, they need to be done with him.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Do you personally think that saving CGC is enough to keep our class intact? I hope so, but my spidey senses are afraid we will lose talent in portal & in 22 class.
I think that was the decision put to TStan. He thought firing CGC would doom the class, so he opted to keep him and force other changes. But 2022 is now on him. He vouched so he owns it.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
It was also a system that didn’t have short passes, so that 40% would certainly be much higher in the current system. Again though, if he was in at QB, how much worse would we be? Not much. Let him talk his ****. He’s done more for GT football than the coach who claimed TM’s teams weren’t real football.
He can talk his ****, but not when it’s outrageous claims that aren’t true at all. All he has to say is he has more wins in 2 years than Collins does in 3

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Collins said in his presser that the program has really slid backwards the past 2 games, most of us would argue it's been more than 2 games.
But the real question is, if Collins has noticed this , ho involved was he really with the coordinators to not step in a try to fix the prep , coaching or game plan ?

slugboy

Staff member
I am purely guessing, but if I were interviewing to be the DC turnaround artist for a bottom 30 defense (and bottom 10 in P5), I’d want a lot of autonomy and control. You’ve got six months (game #1) to get this straightened out.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Collins said in his presser that the program has really slid backwards the past 2 games, most of us would argue it's been more than 2 games.
But the real question is, if Collins has noticed this , ho involved was he really with the coordinators to not step in a try to fix the prep , coaching or game plan ?
My opinion? Zero. Every game, he said ..."We will do a top to bottom review on Monday and take appropriate action." But he never did.

Collins review:
Offense? Not so hot. Check.
Defense? Terrible. Check.
Special teams? Whatever. Check.

Top to Bottom Review complete.

gtfanboy

Georgia Tech Fan

Yea, he's smoking some good weed if he thinks its just these 2 games.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
LOL am I missing something??

Isn't that the point of competition?
I’m confused about what you’re trying to say? I was just saying that Taquon saying he could play in this system was outlandish. He did good things here, but that’s a total embellishment considering he needed a lot of injuries and attrition to play in the old system.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m confused about what you’re trying to say? I was just saying that Taquon saying he could play in this system was outlandish. He did good things here, but that’s a total embellishment considering he needed a lot of injuries and attrition to play in the old system.
If he would have stayed at a back like he started out, he would have been playing heavily. Only reason he moved to qb was cuz everyone else died.