Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
When Monken was under consideration at Vandy and SC, he said he wouldn't run that offense if hired. Which is fine, but could he win without it?

Monken has an OC who calls plays, he doesn't run the offense like CPJ did. He also has a knack for hiring assistants that end up at P5 jobs. Jay Bateman makes almost $1million at UNC. One of his S&C coaches is at UNC as well. One of his WR coaches got poached by Penn State a few years ago. I believe he can build a good to possibly great staff at the P5 level without having to spend Alabama money because he has a knack for finding really good, overlooked coaches. His biggest unknown is probably recruiting.

JeepinJacket

Banned
Also I would call bs on that. Local radio reported 5 years ago that the GTAA had amassed 1.3 billion in a war chest to improve everything. And yes billion was specifically clarified in that report, so what are we doing with that kind of $? Oh yeah, we’re going to remodel the building in the end zone instead of just removing it. Great idea, almost forgot about redoing the locker room that at least from the pics looks like nothing more than a huge waste of $. I gotta an ideal…get rid of Bobby Dodd and build something that actually looks like a modern day football stadium not something that Ray Charles and 6 other blind people designed

JeepinJacket

Banned
Where did I say that? I will tell you. I didn't. You made an assertion that was wrong and I gave you the correct information. Donations DO NOT provide a significant part of the GTAA budget and haven't for decades. The ACCN payout is the dominant revenue source for Tech now. By a long shot. And they don't care what the record is as long as they can sell programming content.
Well that clearly isn’t happening

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
The recruiting approach is fine Add more money and help to the recruiting. Get experience at OC and DC . Collins needs enforced guidance. He became HC at Temple before he earned it. He is a helluva salesman with inadequate administrative experience. Seriously, what happens to a company that makes the best salesman the CEO? Yep, CHAOS! No, Stansbury cannot afford to fire him. He will have to guide him in recruiting the right OC and DC
There is a lot of logic to this for next year. He needs an intervention and has one last year to get to 6-6, IMO.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Ego, and money, will ensure that Geoff coaches another two years. Gotta give him 5 years. When they turn on someone quickly (though 3 years is not a short amount of time really), it makes your decision to hire look even more foolish, and it makes potential futures coaches think twice about joining, because they know that the AD will turn on them just as quickly. It stinks, but it's how it is, IMO. Also, I'm sure someone will throw in the "Covid" excuse, though somehow Covid didn't hurt good football teams quite so much.
Come on man. Go find me a list of P5 coaches that won 9 games their first three years and were retained their jobs. I think most coaches know if they produce results like that they’re going to be let go.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
John Paulson.

3FE845CF-A1CA-4925-AF69-13DF643F2731.png

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I am beginning to wonder if he is capable of making the next hire. Let's face it. Collins will not be here much longer. One or two more at most. This was a really bad hire for way too many years. Is our AD over his head?
That’s so. Effing. Long.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Sorry I was , I would force his hand , here is a list of coach's for you that won't be back and let me show you your new office it's smaller but ok.

Before I respond, who is the he you are referring to. I assume TStan but I want to make sure.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Also I would call bs on that. Local radio reported 5 years ago that the GTAA had amassed 1.3 billion in a war chest to improve everything. And yes billion was specifically clarified in that report, so what are we doing with that kind of $? Oh yeah, we’re going to remodel the building in the end zone instead of just removing it. Great idea, almost forgot about redoing the locker room that at least from the pics looks like nothing more than a huge waste of $. I gotta an ideal…get rid of Bobby Dodd and build something that actually looks like a modern day football stadium not something that Ray Charles and 6 other blind people designed
Sell Bobby Dodd, play at mbs. Might be the only way to buy our way out of this.