Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Open your eyes man. CGC would give his right arm for a 4 game win streak at this point.

Today was not good, but there still plenty of season left. People need to relax until the season is over.
My eyes are open. I just laid out facts.

It’s my opinion that the previous 2 weeks (3 if you want to include KSU) we’re the best we’ve had in a while.

I’m not the one who bumped this thread.

I’ve already said in other threads that I missed the first half and only watched the 2nd (well I did see the failed attempt inside the 10 at the end of the 1st which pissed me off).

That may be why I’m not as mad as some people, but this is a young team. The coach isn’t getting fired for losing to a good to potentially really good Pitt team.

Sounds like bad OL ply led to 2 tipped passes early that completely changed the momentum of the game and the defensive game plan was crap.

We have serious issues in the red zone, but I thought the offense looked pretty good from what I saw. I like the 2 back stuff with Smith and Gibbs and Rutherford popped today as a young guy in the slot.

We have issues and some of that may be letting some assistants go, but Collins isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

The people continuing to bring it up need to open their eyes.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Against who?

6-7 VT team, 7-6 Miami team, 2-9 UNC, and an OT win against an 8-5 UVA team (with impressive wins against Richmond, Ohio, Liberty and an ACC win against 2-9 UNC).

None of those teams were ranked. We don’t know where Clemson or UNC will finish the year, but both teams on paper are significantly better than any of the teams we played in that 4 game stretch.

The 2 decent teams we played (Miami and UVA), we had right at 300 yards of total offense and were actually out gained by 100 yards in the UVA game.

I will admit, watching Oliver run all over VT was a lot of fun that year.

I’m just saying the team had played 3 really good weeks of football. We sucked today. I missed the first half so maybe that’s why I’m not worked up as some of y’all.

OL seems to be the major problem. And play calling in the redzone. That needs to be addressed but the former can’t just be fixed overnight.

We’ve tried to plug holes while the young guys mature with transfers but it’s not panning out as well as we’d hoped.

4 straight wins versus conference opponents is a helluva lot better than beating an FCS team that didn’t have a program a decade ago, losing to a Clemson team that lost the very next week and almost lost again today and then beating one conference opponent. C’mon now.

GTBlaze

Banned
I missed a deep sea fishing trip to watch today’s garbage game. So I ended up watching other games after our game (which until today I have not watched another game except for tech games)

Attended the NIU game in person

after watching UGA, Alabama and now watching LSU game.. Tech looks so cheesy with the ATL, king crown logos, Together crap, 404, Money Down, etc etc etc BS

Just win!!!!

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
My eyes are open. I just laid out facts.

It’s my opinion that the previous 2 weeks (3 if you want to include KSU) we’re the best we’ve had in a while.

I’m not the one who bumped this thread.

I’ve already said in other threads that I missed the first half and only watched the 2nd (well I did see the failed attempt inside the 10 at the end of the 1st which pissed me off).

That may be why I’m not as mad as some people, but this is a young team. The coach isn’t getting fired for losing to a good to potentially really good Pitt team.

Sounds like bad OL ply led to 2 tipped passes early that completely changed the momentum of the game and the defensive game plan was crap.

We have serious issues in the red zone, but I thought the offense looked pretty good from what I saw. I like the 2 back stuff with Smith and Gibbs and Rutherford popped today as a young guy in the slot.

We have issues and some of that may be letting some assistants go, but Collins isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

The people continuing to bring it up need to open their eyes.
Woah I can't remember the last time I saw so many excuses in one post.

Last week was nice, but the rest has been meh (KSU win) to wtf(NIU). The product has been pretty bad now since CGC started, people will grumble and stop accepting excuses when things aren't improving.

There's still plenty of season left, but you really should open your eyes to what we have now and the recent past.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Sooooooo, its looking like after every loss this thread will get a bump so part of the people on this forum can vent all in one place. Also, after every win the "Hire Geoff Collins" thread will get a bump so another portion of the people on this forum can gloat and say how their happy to eat their words. If nothing else it should be interesting to watch how these threads unfold throughout this season
Or we could burn both of them and act like adults and just post praise or criticism in the post game threads.

Woah I can't remember the last time I saw so many excuses in one post.

Last week was nice, but the rest has been meh (KSU win) to wtf(NIU). The product has been pretty bad now since CGC started, people will grumble and stop accepting excuses when things aren't improving.

There's still plenty of season left, but you really should open your eyes to what we have now and the recent past.
Try reading that again and please point out excuses.

Was it where I said we had bad OL play, or defensive scheme was terrible, or that we have red zone issues.

Y’all haters just see what you want to see. I have no problem talking about the areas where we look terrible. I’ve done it plenty.

After the NIU game I thought Collins wasn’t going to make it here. He’s made strides since then.

Today sucked, but if you think he’s going to get fired this year (based on performance), I’ll gladly bet any amount of money you’d like.

That’s all I’m saying. He ain’t going anywhere. Be mad, that’s fine. I was pissed when I looked at my phone after coaching my daughters game and saw the score was 42-14.

Even more mad when I watch as we wasted a timeout after a dead ball, only to false start, and then blow another timeout and eventually not score when we were at the 1 before the half.

I was also pissed watching us rush 3 guys and Pickett have all day to throw in the 2nd half. Pissed when we punted down 4 scores.

I’m not some sunshine and rainbows guy. I just know he ain’t going anywhere and we have a good base of players to build with. If we can learn how to block, our offense has the chance to be one of the most explosive in the conference. We’ve got some good young DE and have 2 4 star DL coming in this years class.

I hate losing and wish we’d start winning more consistently sooner, but I’m also not blind to the fact that if we don’t, Collins ain’t going nowhere. At least not in the next 1.5 years.

Y’all can obviously do what you want to do. But bumping a thread and saying lol makes you (not you personally) look like a teenage girl.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
It's really not. Look at any of the other coaching contacts that same cycle (Satterfield for example) and its not "unconscionable"

I know people like to whine and get dramatic after a bad loss but it's probably good to hold on to some amount of perspective

A 7 year contract is ridiculous. A 5 year contract would’ve been more than fine. If this is Collins’ dream job, he wouldn’t have turned down a 5 year contract. Stupid decision to hire him, dumber to give him a 7 year contract. Hope he proves me wrong. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
A 7 year contract is ridiculous. A 5 year contract would’ve been more than fine. If this is Collins’ dream job, he wouldn’t have turned down a 5 year contract. Stupid decision to hire him, dumber to give him a 7 year contract. Hope he proves me wrong. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Satterfield got 6. I don't think one more is "ridiculous". But throw a tantrum if you want

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Or we could burn both of them and act like adults and just post praise or criticism in the post game threads.
Let's be honest with ourselves, we both know that's not going to happen. To quote CPJ, "things are never as good or bad as they seem", but I can guarantee you that win or lose there will always be a part of our fanbase that will overreact. While it would be better if it were all confined to the post game thread, two extra ones ain't bad at all

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
Against who?

6-7 VT team, 7-6 Miami team, 2-9 UNC, and an OT win against an 8-5 UVA team (with impressive wins against Richmond, Ohio, Liberty and an ACC win against 2-9 UNC).

None of those teams were ranked. We don’t know where Clemson or UNC will finish the year, but both teams on paper are significantly better than any of the teams we played in that 4 game stretch.

The 2 decent teams we played (Miami and UVA), we had right at 300 yards of total offense and were actually out gained by 100 yards in the UVA game.

I will admit, watching Oliver run all over VT was a lot of fun that year.

I’m just saying the team had played 3 really good weeks of football. We sucked today. I missed the first half so maybe that’s why I’m not worked up as some of y’all.
Two of those games were against opponents with winning records, all four ACC opponents, and it is the last winning streak we've had. You can feel good about the past three weeks (excluding today); I felt good about them too. What I object to is the implication that we've accomplished nothing since 2016, when in fact 2018 was a decent season.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Try reading that again and please point out excuses.

Was it where I said we had bad OL play, or defensive scheme was terrible, or that we have red zone issues.

Y’all haters just see what you want to see. I have no problem talking about the areas where we look terrible. I’ve done it plenty.

After the NIU game I thought Collins wasn’t going to make it here. He’s made strides since then.

Today sucked, but if you think he’s going to get fired this year (based on performance), I’ll gladly bet any amount of money you’d like.

That’s all I’m saying. He ain’t going anywhere. Be mad, that’s fine. I was pissed when I looked at my phone after coaching my daughters game and saw the score was 42-14.

Even more mad when I watch as we wasted a timeout after a dead ball, only to false start, and then blow another timeout and eventually not score when we were at the 1 before the half.

I was also pissed watching us rush 3 guys and Pickett have all day to throw in the 2nd half. Pissed when we punted down 4 scores.

I’m not some sunshine and rainbows guy. I just know he ain’t going anywhere and we have a good base of players to build with. If we can learn how to block, our offense has the chance to be one of the most explosive in the conference. We’ve got some good young DE and have 2 4 star DL coming in this years class.

I hate losing and wish we’d start winning more consistently sooner, but I’m also not blind to the fact that if we don’t, Collins ain’t going nowhere. At least not in the next 1.5 years.

Y’all can obviously do what you want to do. But bumping a thread and saying lol makes you (not you personally) look like a teenage girl.
You're clearly upset. I keep saying there's plenty of season left to play. It's ok to be mad after this game though. That's all I'm saying right now.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Look, I get it about recruits, Coach Heisman. But, it doesn't bother you as a Tech fan to see empty seats and then a sea of red in the stands at the end of the year when we get the dwags at home? Cool, brah.
I’ve been listening to this recruiting BS for about 40 years. We are never going to out recruit the factories in the SEC with a curriculum that still focuses on engineering and science. We need a guy with a system that works for GT and an administration that backs him up, rather than a guy who is just trying to follow the formula at Alabama and Oklahoma. Watch ‘Moneyball’. You can’t beat the NY Yankees by being a smaller, underfunded version of the NY Yankees. Collins isn’t the guy. He needs to go and Stansbury needs to follow him.