Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
When? This week or last week? What strikes me is the spectacular inconsistency.

I’d argue the spectacular inconsistency is a sign of a poorly coached team. How have we still not managed to win two games in a row yet during CGC tenure?

Also, not sure the loss to Clemson is going to be as positive as we originally thought. Clemson is sitting at 2-2 right now and could easily fall out of the rankings.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Today was obviously rough, but the defense had only been giving up 18.8 ppg before today. We need to see how they play the rest of the year.
I believe the players are doing the best they can. Credit to Thacker for the Clemson game, but I don't know about some of the schemes he runs against strong offensive teams and his ability to make adjustments be it during the game or at half-time. Since he has been here we have seen some serious high scores put on us.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I feel like the only games we’ve won under Collins have been games we won the turnover battle in. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

If we lose the turnover battle by even 1 it feels like we have no chance. Most of the time the game is a blowout. I know turnovers decide games a lot of times, but for us it seems doubly so. Good teams find ways to overcome that adversity

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Forgive me if there are typos here, I’m trying to tread water in your tears, but please learn the very simple concept that criticism and fanhood are not inherently related.
What you did isn’t criticism, it was petty and small.

Go read my comments in the postgame thread. Plenty of criticism there.

If you’re going to do something, “say it with your chest” big fella. Don’t bump a thread to try and be cute.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Really amazing that we want to tell fans/alums to find another team when we have such a pitifully small fanbase. I think Geoff should be on the hot seat & called out for poor staff performance. That doesn’t mean I don’t love my school & team.
You could’ve stopped after pitiful when talking about our fan base.

And I’ll say it again, if your level of criticism is to bump a thread from week one saying to fire the coach, I’ve got no use for you and neither do the guys competing.

There’s a whole thread to criticize the coaching staff called “Pitt postgame” of STTE.

Go read my comments, plenty of criticism. Bumping this thread is weak. Have some balls and give an actual critique.

And Geoff shouldn’t be on the hot seat. That’s ridiculous. We literally played two (maybe 3) of the best weeks of football we’ve seen since 2016 maybe in a row before this week.

We were bad today, but most of our issues stem on the LOS, that can’t be fixed overnight.

Play calling on both sides deserved plenty of criticism (especially goal to go situation on O), but let’s take a chill pill on the hot seat thing.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Can we do a reverse Temple and Geoff leaves and Matt Rhule comes in? His year 3’s at struggling programs looked a lot different than this.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
What you did isn’t criticism, it was petty and small.

Go read my comments in the postgame thread. Plenty of criticism there.

If you’re going to do something, “say it with your chest” big fella. Don’t bump a thread to try and be cute.
You need a tissue? I’ve posted plenty of criticism. Relax and drink that kool aid!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I’ve heard a few people close to the program say that without a veteran HC like CPJ, our football program would have been completely obliterated due to MBob. Say what you will about any coach, CPJ, CGC etc, but they all have/had GT’s best interest at heart. You don’t refuse a donation for the football program. That is just about the only time you can actually say without hyperbole that someone in the program does not have GT’s best interest at heart. MBob was an enemy of the program, leading the program. Just a shame.
Mbob was hired by our Prez who was also the Prez of the Board of Gov for the Ncaa. Football on the cheap at Gt lead to taking a chance on the option attack. Fun times and sad times.
The new Prez and tstan arw people persons. They will bring us back but it will take time and $.
Collins clotges irritate u guys.
I hate him running along the sideline picking up balls to give to the ref, while hus defensive coordinator is struggling to stop a passing attack.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Lee

My issue is not that Tech played bad today. It was embarrassingly bad. Like last year and the year before, Tech got blown out. Last year I watched Clemson dominate Tech. The first half today was worse. The team was not ready to play. How does a well coached college team give up 42 points in a half?

The game at MBS was a blast and Tech showed up, played well. Today was a team that looked lost and uninspired. MBS sounded loud and the crowd involved. Like the rest of the crowd today, I was shell shocked. What a hot mess we have. I thought the team turned the corner with a quality win over Carolina.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Geoff isn’t perfect and probably isn’t even a good HC but idk what tech can do atm unless some big boosters really step up to the plate with buyout money AND enough to hire another quality coach.