Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
It was a de facto post game thread but now it’s a catch-all butt hurt thread that the mods won’t kill because there are a couple of interesting things that are discussed.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
This post accuses Stansbury of undermining his football coach to avoid firing him. I would like to see the basis for this accusation. Or a retraction.
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I recall, though perhaps incorrectly, that T Stan told him something along those lines which I interpreted as not that he didn't want to give him more mone to work with, but that the big money donors were not willing to contribute more to trying to win with the TO and would only pony up more dough with a new coach. The second half of my post was more a comment on what he dealt with his overall tenure and not specifically with T Stan.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why would any thread on a free internet message board about sports be killed? Are you that sensitive that you can’t laugh off posts from strangers. Do you really deep down take this that serious? It’s freaking sports. This is just fun stuff. Not one poster’s life depends on any of this. And the folks whose livelihoods do depend on this are making enough money to be very comfortable even if they continue to fail. And they’ll all have jobs after they leave Techwood Drive. I enjoy reading everyone’s opinion even those I think are quite amusing (like the guy who recently asked for a retraction like this is stuff is important). Just laugh and root for your team.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure if this correct. My own view is that we mods have been tolerant of posts that give room for reasonable venting. As long as site rules are followed.
It’d be cool if we could ignore threads and not the font who started the thread as we might appreciate their opinion on other topics. I’m sure it’s been discussed, but just a thought.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I remember when if you called for CPJ to be fired, you got banned. Now it's OK to do so for 68 pages because Collins isn't running the Saintly Triple Option? What a load of hypocritical nonsense.

This x1000. I have asked a few times why this is allowed now, and mods just say it's healthy. BS.

Your memories are short. There were plenty of people calling for CPJ to be fired on these boards that are still here. There were also dedicated threads.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
This x1000. I have asked a few times why this is allowed now, and mods just say it's healthy. BS.
This is as fake news as it gets
There were plenty of “fire Paul Johnson threads” this one took me less than a minute to find. The mods have allowed people the freedom to speak as long as they don’t act like *******s.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
This is as fake news as it gets
There were plenty of “fire Paul Johnson threads” this one took me less than a minute to find. The mods have allowed people the freedom to speak as long as they don’t act like *******s.
Man that thread has everything.
"Team lacks coaching"
"we don't have enough talent to stay on the field with a G5 team"
"Coach doesn't handle press conferences well"

All the hits

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Man that thread has everything.
"Team lacks coaching"
"we don't have enough talent to stay on the field with a G5 team"
"Coach doesn't handle press conferences well"

All the hits
How about how he dressed, we hope gt loses to hasten his demise, bring back the gailey disciples, he yells at players too much, don't like how the team acts on the sidelines, he spends too much on other to focus on coaching, yada yada.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I remember when if you called for CPJ to be fired, you got banned. Now it's OK to do so for 68 pages because Collins isn't running the Saintly Triple Option? What a load of hypocritical nonsense.

You guys are full of ****. This never happened. There were a lot of people who called for CPJ to be fired fairly regularly for years and some of them are still regular posters. If someone got banned they were most likely being a ****. Don't like that this thread exists? Sorry bro. It be like that sometimes. Don't read it if it bothers you guys that much.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
CPJ wasn't forced out of the game by stansbury that is true. The Money guys defintiely wanted him gone. And the Constant rule changes designed solely to target his offense definitely made him feel like he was done. I mean **** the downfield blocking rule was absolutely ridiculous, made for "player safety" but sacking a QB low is still legal where they can't see it coming. And Tackles below the waist are still legal where someone can't see it coming. So i fail to see how beign square to someone and cutting them at 6 yards is more dangerous than 5.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
You guys are full of ****. This never happened. There were a lot of people who called for CPJ to be fired fairly regularly for years and some of them are still regular posters. If someone got banned they were most likely being a ****. Don't like that this thread exists? Sorry bro. It be like that sometimes. Don't read it if it bothers you guys that much.

Plenty of people are being the same way here with no repercussion. No one is being banned for any negative behavior towards our current staff and players. It's appalling and hypocritical. Your attitude here pretty much sums it up.

Get over it. CPJ quit on us, is gone, and isn't coming back.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Plenty of people are being the same way here with no repercussion. No one is being banned for any negative behavior towards our current staff and players. It's appalling and hypocritical. Your attitude here pretty much sums it up.

Get over it. CPJ quit on us, is gone, and isn't coming back.
Guys, no one was banned for calling for CPJ or CGC to be fired. There were definitely people banned who might have called for either to be fired, but that was not the reason. The mods are open to vigorous debate about the state of GT athletics, but personal attacks on each other, or the players and coaches, is not allowed. FWIW, this has been the policy for years.