Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Why do you care what he's wearing? I get why you care about results and wins losses. Stop obsessing about the clothes.

Because it looks clownish which goes along with how he generally handles his job in my opinion. I don’t care what he wears, but when he dresses like a clown, it just reinforces the image he has created. I just hate what he’s doing to our program. Hopefully I’m wrong and it will all turn around starting tomorrow.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Because it looks clownish which goes along with how he generally handles his job in my opinion. I don’t care what he wears, but when he dresses like a clown, it just reinforces the image he has created. I just hate what he’s doing to our program. Hopefully I’m wrong and it will all turn around starting tomorrow.
Oh I agree with you for the most part and I doubt he turns it around tomorrow. I just think it has nothing to do with his fashion sense.:)

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Oh I agree with you for the most part and I doubt he turns it around tomorrow. I just think it has nothing to do with his fashion sense.Agreed. Just growing more frustrated by the day and that was my trigger. If we’re going 10-2 he can grow fungus on his shower shoes and the press will think he’s colorful. Until then, not so much…..

Agreed. Just growing more frustrated by the day and that was my trigger. If we’re going 10-2 he can grow fungus on his shower shoes and the press will think he’s colorful. Until then, not so much…..

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Oh I agree with you for the most part and I doubt he turns it around tomorrow. I just think it has nothing to do with his fashion sense.:)

Agreed. Just growing more frustrated by the day and that was my trigger. If we’re going 10-2 he can grow fungus on his shower shoes and the press will think he’s colorful. Until then, not so much…..

Maybe I’ll start referring to him as Nuke. Someone go get some candle sticks and a live chicken and then let’s go beat Clemson’s a$$ tomorrow!!! 😂😂

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Jesus, who dresses this guy????

241508227_4242889855766036_6066212726151648421_n.jpg

I hate to say it, but my dislike for Collins grows more and more every day. I've lived through Pepper, Curry, Ross, Lewis, O'Leary, Gailey and Johnson. Gave him the benefit of the doubt after The Citadel, Clemson, Syracuse, Va. Tech, and UGA, but to lose to NIU, look ok against KSU and then the press conferences where everyone is "ELITE" and the culture and nothing that even hints at "we screwed up, we'll get better, it's on us as coaches, etc.".......he's killing my love of Georgia Tech football. I hope he turns it around and we win every game, but I've never felt to bad about Georgia Tech football. Ever. Even when Lewis was here. At least we had O'Leary waiting in the wings. 😔
Letting a grown mans wardrobe effect you is worse then anything Collins has ever done IMO.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If we had beaten The Citadel in Year 1, beaten Syracuse last year, been more competitive against Clemson/UGA/Va. Tech and were 2-0 right now, I think there is a huge difference the perception of the program and Collins himself. So even 4-8, 4-6, 2-0 is a major difference than 3-9, 3-7 and 1-1.
This in a nutshell. You can’t run your mouth and then lose games that are easy wins. I’m rooting for him but the data points are starting to show the picture no matter what he says. He really needs a mentor to help him at this point because he’s quickly becoming a parody. Just be honest. We’ll still root for you.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Congrats, man…you’ve been on this planet A LOT longer than I have. CLEARLY, my fandom doesn’t compare to your’s because of that.

I’ve given my life to Tech, so you can GTFO with all that noise.
Dude you need to settle down and act like an adult.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
This thread is by far my favorite I love a good laugh. Some of y’all will look back at stuff like this and be like yeah I overreacted. If Collins doesn’t work out there is more talent in the school than when he got here making it easier to find a coach to finish the transition. If he does figure it out somehow then even better! A team that has a max ceiling that is probably 11-2ish shouldn’t be something anyone loses sleep over.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Stansbury podcast just came out. Quick summary:

1. Loss hurt, hurt everyone, players, coaches, admin staff. Understands where fan base is (but no other real comment on it). Part of a process.
2. Was in no hurry for Paul Johnson to leave. Could've gone after another option coach, but he was the guru, the best of the best in that offense. The inventor of the modern triple option.
3. Chose to go away from that and it was going to be a painful transition. Even though you know this, it is still difficult.
4. Sees it as Year 3 with an asterisk. In the middle of the transition. Need to establish brand and culture. 404. Location. (Ugh..... :rolleyes: )
5. Focused on football locker room first. Infrastructure.
6. Why Georgia Tech? Need to recruit. Collins has done a phenomenal job. Then develop them. Still have a ton of freshmen when considering Covid year. Need to get used to playing with each other and at this level.
7. It's a process. When switch goes on, it will be fast.
8. Reminds him of '88 - '89.
9. Mentioned Pepper's transition (but I don't think it was as big of a deal then. We really had players in the late '70s, but after '78 it dropped off).
10. Told Collins to stick to his plan and not panic or change. :unsure:
11. Look at what Josh Pastner did with patience. Get old and stay old.
12. Need to understand where you are. What levers to pull. Must develop a program over the long haul. Looking for long term sustained success.
13. ATL is capital of college football. Need to be relevant locally to be relevant nationally. Must play to our strengths, main one is location.
14. Talked about some other sports, volleyball in particular.
I’ve heard from multiple people that CPJ was forced out.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Depends on your perspective.,The GTAA wanted CPJ out in 2013. But 2014 happened and they were kinda screwed. Did they "force" him out? No. More like starved for oxygen.

I can say this much. His decision to retire surprised TStan.

TStan was getting some pressure from a few of the bigger donors, but not enough to move on from CPJ just yet.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s it.

How would you young whipper snappers have enjoyed the Bills (Curry & L@#@s) winning one game a season. We still came out and yelled for the yellow britches to win every week. Then we only heard from Furman Bisher once a week. We had no 24/7 BS wringing from the internet morning, noon, and night with the most negative voices always the ones that we heard. It was a lot of fun just to go out and cheer for the boys in white and gold and not have to hear all week from a bunch of QVETCHERS!!! bitchng on our poor boys giving it all they had.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I have a friend who works for the GTAA. They were expecting CPJ to retire soon, but not when he did. It caught them off guard. He was not forced out.
I have no doubt that is what your friend told you. I’m telling you what the coaching staff said. I suppose there could be a universe where the messages that the AD was giving CPJ was perceived as critical but was not intended to be (in which case we are both right). But I am skeptical of that.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
How would you young whipper snappers have enjoyed the Bills (Curry & L@#@s) winning one game a season. We still came out and yelled for the yellow britches to win every week. Then we only heard from Furman Bisher once a week. We had no 24/7 BS wringing from the internet morning, noon, and night with the most negative voices always the ones that we heard. It was a lot of fun just to go out and cheer for the boys in white and gold and not have to hear all week from a bunch of QVETCHERS!!! bitchng on our poor boys giving it all they had.
I wonder what would be a legitimate way to compare that time to this time, that coach to this coach? Curry, for instance, emphasized academics and the total person, something that seems low on our agenda now. Now it’s about pro prospects and making football more important than academics and life beyond football. Curry was also rather low key and didn’t brag a lot, which made it easier to accept those early losing seasons. As a former All Pro lineman it was probably also easier to believe he was going to eventually start winning.

As for that other guy named Bill, those were unhappy times and I didn’t know anyone who didn’t fall into either one of two groups -the group screaming for his head on a platter and the group who just gave up on Tech football, some for good.

Different times in any case.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember when if you called for CPJ to be fired, you got banned. Now it's OK to do so for 68 pages because Collins isn't running the Saintly Triple Option? What a load of hypocritical nonsense.