Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Yikes. This seems there is a drumbeat outside of this board. CGC will need to shock all of us to change the momentum. His presser got some attention as well. IIWII
We called this "management by exception". The more you miss compared to what you thought you would do, the more (unwelcome) visibility you get.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Its even more common off boards at this point even casual fans are seeing collins as a snake oil salesman

Have any of you been on any of the Reddit Gatech groups comprised mostly of students? There's even a vocal outcry there that Collins needs to go. So that's "on campus" as well...

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Yikes. This seems there is a drumbeat outside of this board. CGC will need to shock all of us to change the momentum. His presser got some attention as well. IIWII

"I’ve noticed a LOT fewer people coming to the defense of the coaching staff than after other embarrassments in the previous two years. That’s probably because we can all agree on how inexcusable this has become."

This is the bottom line.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
"I’ve noticed a LOT fewer people coming to the defense of the coaching staff than after other embarrassments in the previous two years. That’s probably because we can all agree on how inexcusable this has become."

This is the bottom line.
No one is going to defend him in this thread because they will get relentlessly attacked by those that have a need to lash out online. It's pointless and a waste of time. It's extremely unlikely he's going anywhere before December 2022 at the earliest anyway.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

This is the bottom line.
Previously, they were given time to get things turned around. Time has run out.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
No one is going to defend him in this thread because they will get relentlessly attacked by those that have a need to lash out online. It's pointless and a waste of time. It's extremely unlikely he's going anywhere before December 2022 at the earliest anyway.
That was a quote from the article. So far no one can offer anything but blind almost religious hope in defense. Its rather sad

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Joey is a mellow even handed guy who avoids hyperbole. This was kind of shocking.
2016 had some good times too. The Tennesee game in 2017 was fun until it was over. Since then, no fun to speak of.
Anyone remember how the press conference went when CPJ was asked about the failed two point conversion that lost the game? He explained how the play was set up, how the block was to occur and what the quarterback was supposed to do. The tackle and the quarterback got their wires crossed (perhaps because first game of the season) and the play went wider than it was supposed to. It was explained so clearly that you could go back and watch the tape and see exactly what went wrong and why the two points were there for the asking if one simple thing had happened correctly.

Lord I miss press conferences like that.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That was a quote from the article. So far no one can offer anything but blind almost religious hope in defense. Its rather sad
I still hope that he is successful here. Despite seeing the signs and knowing the probability of it. I have never pulled for any coach to fail and I am not going to start now. I don't need to like a coach personally to want him to succeed. I'm selfish in that regard.