Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
So serious question: what’s the downside in hiring someone from the CPJ tree?
(1) they will be cheaper
(2) Not like the program could do worse on the field than it has
(3) fan interest is low, so not like that could take a big hit either

Bring in Monken!! For all the talk about what a great recruiter CGC is I worry for how the team will look when the CPJ recruits are gone. Aside from Gibbs no one else has done much of anything.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Roof was a good DC, much better then what we have now.
Let me know when Thacker beats UGA twice and plays for an ACC title and wins an orange bowl. Ted’s Defense was perfect when Johnson’s offense was clicking. When the QB play subsided post Justin Thomas is when Teds Defense was exposed. The Tennessee game was the one time you could solely place a loss on Ted just getting out coached, but at the same time, without a fumble and missed FG in 4th QTR tech wins the game.

Doddjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
You are right NIU deserved to win and are better than we are. The only time I was as disappointed was Furman loss under Curry. This was a epic loss because I don't think we recover. I predict a very bad season.
Better team LAST NIGHT. Coaching heads need to roll. As painful as the Citadel and Clemson were last year, I was expecting to see improvement this year. We were out coached, and out hustled last night. I don't blame our players. This is the big league and excuses are for losers. Coaching prep and game time were not big league. It seemed to me that our OL and DL got their butts kicked for mist of the game.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
(1) they will be cheaper

Bring in Monken!! For all the talk about what a great recruiter CGC is I worry for how the team will look when the CPJ recruits are gone. Aside from Gibbs no one else has done much of anything.
Not a chance. We are in this mess, because we went to the triple option years ago. That page needs to forever be turned. Plus we are going to have to suck it up and just chill out. Geoff is the coach there is no money to do anything. Take a deep breath everyone and just buckle up for the long haul.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
(1) they will be cheaper

Because you would see mass transfers under the new rules, which would start a whole new rebuild. CPJ's offense and the current staff are not the only 2 options on earth. If we have to move on, which isn't going to happen this year, we will stick with a modern scheme.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Not a chance. We are in this mess, because we went to the triple option years ago. That page needs to forever be turned. Plus we are going to have to suck it up and just chill out. Geoff is the coach there is no money to do anything. Take a deep breath everyone and just buckle up for the long haul.
That coupled with our almost non existant budget kept us from being irrelevant. We should have been FCS level then with the budget we had available. But looks like going away from that is quickly moving us to B*** L**** level or worse. I am not tied to that style of offense, but we damn sure need something to help level the playing field. CPJ saved us from a decade of being Wake forest and Vandy. But CGC is quickly destroying Tech Football with his complete and utter incompetence. I dont understand why people are so foolish about picking a scheme to help give Tech an advantage.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Because you would see mass transfers under the new rules, which would start a whole new rebuild. CPJ's offense and the current staff are not the only 2 options on earth. If we have to move on, which isn't going to happen this year, we will stick with a modern scheme.
Pretty decent chance we’ll see a mass exodus in the next 12 months regardless. Whether it’s from coaching changes or not, good players (highly recruited ones) want to play meaningful games. We are so so far from having any of those.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I thought Willie Fritz would have been a good hire at the time. We seem to always look for a “Tech connection“ for a hire. We need to start looking elsewhere.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
For all who are calling for a new coach, and I would certainly be in favor of it myself, how do you get past the fact that CGC has a long term contract and GT is one of the most cash-strapped athletic departments in all of Division 1?

CubeE

Georgia Tech Fan
For all who are calling for a new coach, and I would certainly be in favor of it myself, how do you get past the fact that CGC has a long term contract and GT is one of the most cash-strapped athletic departments in all of Division 1?
You don’t. People are just being hopeful. CGC is going to be here for at least this year and next year no matter what. We can’t do anything about it.

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
The guy can’t coach . He needs to get better coordinators to correct course until then. We’ll have another 3 win year

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
We’re stuck. Attendance will trickle down to a few thousand fans, losing will become the norm. Eventually most of the fan base will be apathetic if they already aren’t already.