Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Jimd99

Georgia Tech Fan
After 70 years of watching GT football, this coaching staff makes Bill Lewis, Bill Fulcher. Bud Carson look like offensive geniuses......of course, I remember when Jacket fans wanted to fire Dodd for a 7-3 season against several top teams. We're a fickle bunch. The team looked unprepared but played hard. 3 decent passes in 1st half would have made huge difference. I have little confidence in coaches ability to put the best O and D player combos on the field, and in game coaching is lackluster.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
even if collins doesnt pan out. don’t think it was a bad hire. he’ll have the roster stronger when he leaves than when he got here. this job has already become a lot more attractive to an “x’s and o’s” guy then it was 3 yrs ago. we’ll see.
Completely agree. If you fail with a good recruiter as your coach, at least the next guy will have talent. We aren't untalented now. Just young and ill prepared.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
After 70 years of watching GT football, this coaching staff makes Bill Lewis, Bill Fulcher. Bud Carson look like offensive geniuses......of course, I remember when Jacket fans wanted to fire Dodd for a 7-3 season against several top teams. We're a fickle bunch. The team looked unprepared but played hard. 3 decent passes in 1st half would have made huge difference. I have little confidence in coaches ability to put the best O and D player combos on the field, and in game coaching is lackluster.
I agree with you. But Yates put some of the passes in the numbers! Collins should have their asses on Monday. It just seems like there are no consequences for mailing it in. Sorry .... but I've seen high school games with more passion.

PaulGT72

Georgia Tech Fan
My first year at Tech was many moons ago and coincided with Bud Carson's first year. He followed a legend, of course, but I am more down now than at any time over that period. We looked unprepared, unexcited, and executed poorly way too many times. Pnut called a good game, IMO, but he does not pass and run. Next week vs KSU will be a tell.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Look, I was in the AD's suite when the money guys openly mocked CPJ and the crap offense he ran. Oh yeah, we won. But do we have to run that? It's embarrassing. I wonder what those guys are thinking tonight ...
I just will never understand why our O embarrassed them. Yes, sometimes we were overmatched, but we won a lot, and the offense when executed, was a thing of beauty.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
How does he pump up everything now in interviews? I mean people are going to be laughing at this nonsense, I mean we ran 22 mph? How gives a ****? We have great kickers at practice hitting from 60 yet in a game we look like we haven’t practice a real kick with lineman in front of kickers.
4 star here 5 star there, Ice cream trucks, lights, 404, win 21. Competition is king wtf is going on here?!
Remember, CGC said our FG kicker would be the best in the nation this year. What in God’s creation are we doing to turn every kicker we get into a disaster?

Animal02

Banned
even if collins doesnt pan out. don’t think it was a bad hire. he’ll have the roster stronger when he leaves than when he got here. this job has already become a lot more attractive to an “x’s and o’s” guy then it was 3 yrs ago. we’ll see.
Had we stayed the course, we would have remained a completive team into the future...instead of maybe winning 10 games in three years.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with you. But Yates put some of the passes in the numbers! Collins should have their asses on Monday. It just seems like there are no consequences for mailing it in. Sorry .... but I've seen high school games with more passion.
This. Collins never gets flustered on the sideline. Losing your cool is not always the best thing, but sunshine and rainbows does not come through when the going gets tough. The only time he got upset was the rather embarassing handshake gaffe with Narduzzi

GTMarine

GT Athlete
Won't happen this year or even next year. Coach Collins has a big decision to make: Yates or Sims? Sims has the bigger arm, is a better runner and better athlete but Yates MOVES the team and makes far quicker decisions. He can do what he wants as coach but if it were me, I would play Yates until his limitations start to show up which they didn't that drive. He showed in high school that he was a winner and he is showing it tonight. Good enough for me.
I think you are not seeing the same problem. Collins was brought in because he is supposedly a defensive mastermind but under his lead we have yet to have a dominant defensive performance. Even tonight we had their receivers making big plays over our so call “solid,” “veteran” secondary. Yates easily beats out Sims but it doesn’t matter because the defense is garbage with more missed tackles than almost any school in the conference. That’s coaching. Get ready next week for a loss to Kennasaw state. They have more play makers than us.