Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The only “personal” attacks I’ve seen are playful comments about the man not wearing socks. If some of ya’ll consider that ban worthy….lol
If he tried to board my boat in the summer while wearing socks, I would personally fire him. So, I am a "socks as a last resort" guy. If those shoes feel good without socks, I say go for it.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If he tried to board my boat in the summer while wearing socks, I would personally fire him. So, I am a "socks as a last resort" guy. If those shoes feel good without socks, I say go for it.
I remember the Don Johnson (Miami Vice) days. Those shoes may be comfortable but they probably smell like the north end of a southbound mule. Just sayin’.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Plenty of people are being the same way here with no repercussion. No one is being banned for any negative behavior towards our current staff and players. It's appalling and hypocritical. Your attitude here pretty much sums it up.

Get over it. CPJ quit on us, is gone, and isn't coming back.

I'm sorry you must have me confused with someone who is pining for the previous coaching staff. Being disappointed with the meager, at best, returns of the current staff doesn't mean you want the previous guy or his offense back. You guys are too predictable with this stuff. Maybe it's time to look in the mirror and take your own advice. The bad man is gone and he can't hurt you anymore. Move on and let the current staff stand on their own merits.

If you don't want to get called out on being full of **** don't make **** up. It's not a complicated thing to understand.

Guys, no one was banned for calling for CPJ or CGC to be fired. There were definitely people banned who might have called for either to be fired, but that was not the reason. The mods are open to vigorous debate about the state of GT athletics, but personal attacks on each other, or the players and coaches, is not allowed. FWIW, this has been the policy for years.

This is pretty much what I said just more tactfully.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I recall, though perhaps incorrectly, that T Stan told him something along those lines which I interpreted as not that he didn't want to give him more mone to work with, but that the big money donors were not willing to contribute more to trying to win with the TO and would only pony up more dough with a new coach. The second half of my post was more a comment on what he dealt with his overall tenure and not specifically with T Stan.
If I remember the statements correctly, someone offered to pay $4 million for the new locker room while MBob was here, but MBob said no. When TStan arrived, someone again offered to pay $4 million for the new locker room and TStan accepted it. I don't know if it was the same person, but I suspect that it was. The relationship with MBob wasn't just an employer-employee spat. MBob refused to accept a $4 million gift because it might benefit the football program. TStan accepted the $4 million for the locker room. He also added more recruiting personnel.

I have no inside information. However, just going by what is in the public, I don't see how CPJ stuck around with an AD who actively worked against the football program. It is only my impression, but I think he was burned out after 2013 and 2014 from all of the internal stuff going on. I think that if MBob had not left, that CPJ would have in 2015 or 2016. I think that sticking around for a few more years with TStan was likely just trying to get the program back from the pit that MBob had left.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
If I remember the statements correctly, someone offered to pay $4 million for the new locker room while MBob was here, but MBob said no. When TStan arrived, someone again offered to pay $4 million for the new locker room and TStan accepted it. I don't know if it was the same person, but I suspect that it was. The relationship with MBob wasn't just an employer-employee spat. MBob refused to accept a $4 million gift because it might benefit the football program. TStan accepted the $4 million for the locker room. He also added more recruiting personnel.

I have no inside information. However, just going by what is in the public, I don't see how CPJ stuck around with an AD who actively worked against the football program. It is only my impression, but I think he was burned out after 2013 and 2014 from all of the internal stuff going on. I think that if MBob had not left, that CPJ would have in 2015 or 2016. I think that sticking around for a few more years with TStan was likely just trying to get the program back from the pit that MBob had left.

Yeah, I’ve heard a few people close to the program say that without a veteran HC like CPJ, our football program would have been completely obliterated due to MBob. Say what you will about any coach, CPJ, CGC etc, but they all have/had GT’s best interest at heart. You don’t refuse a donation for the football program. That is just about the only time you can actually say without hyperbole that someone in the program does not have GT’s best interest at heart. MBob was an enemy of the program, leading the program. Just a shame.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I remember the Don Johnson (Miami Vice) days. Those shoes may be comfortable but they probably smell like the north end of a southbound mule. Just sayin’.
Never never could I figure out how those two deceives dresses that way in the Miami heat. I would have been a wet smelly mess after 20 minutes outside like that.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Leaving when he did was his choice. To some degree, he made that choice because of 'pressure'. But the pressure wasn't for him to leave, the pressure was to make the changes his boss thought needed to be made to win. And, most importantly, to win.
I'm just speculating, and I don't claim to be 'in the know.' But not having the facts has never stopped me from having an opinion before, so no need to stop now!

I think the rule changes that were forced through the NCAA by the other ACC AD's also played a part in Paul's decision to go fish a lot more. The other ACC schools were successful in pushing for changes that had no basis in fact purely to make Paul's offenses less successful.

TBH, some days I feel the same and wonder how much longer I want to adjust to changes in the workplace that are more and more requiring me to make decisions that push the boundaries of my ethics. There are a lot of fish out there after all...