Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

slugboy

Staff member
What's the topic?

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Wildbilliam1990

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, just our luck. We’ll get to see the greatest transformation of a football program in history happen next offseason then. Are the folks who helped unsink the titanic available?

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
players are coming and going, coaches that many said, at a minimum, had to be changed are being changed.

once the dust on this and the recruiting class settles, will some of you feel like you can spare us 55 posts a day on how badly you hate the coach, and how things are awful?

I still don't know why mods allowed this to go on so long.

Oh wait, yeah I do, because they agree.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
once the dust on this and the recruiting class settles, will some of you feel like you can spare us 55 posts a day on how badly you hate the coach, and how things are awful?
Possibly, but we still won't be able to spare the cost of season tickets or a donation to the GTAA. That's the responsibility of other people or the big money guys. We just decided how to spend it on this board.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I hate this list. If the same team wins over and over what is the point of competition.

I despise the current state of college football. It is a pro-level league with 99% of schools that will never be anywhere close to pro type level.
You think lucky means a team isn’t good? I don’t. Often you have to be both good and lucky.

So, on your list I see several teams that were lucky. All of them were good.
ND struggled early while breaking in a new QB. A hallmark of a good team and a good coaching staff is improving as the year goes on. If they played any of those teams tomorrow, they beat the brakes off of them.
Exactly. ND is a solid team now and could compete credibly with 99% of the teams in the country.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I see two news sources today offer the more realistic figure of 10 years, $95 million. So maybe he could not have had more.

From another article:

LSU announced that it had signed Brian Kelly to a 10-year contract worth $95 million — plus incentives.

It's unclear to what the incentives may amount, but they will likely push his contract into the nine-figure range, as reported by Matt Fortuna of The Athletic.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I did hear that all of Brian's $$ at LSU is guaranteed, no matter when they send him packing, if they ever do. Also, heard Lincoln Riley got a private jet for he and his family to use anytime and go anywhere. They paid off 2 houses and purchased him a new one in SC.

Can we just forget about pretending that division 1 football isn't really pro football "lite". These guys are getting more $$ than pro coaches. It is crazy. Trust me - there is no parity and never will be again, in my opinion. There are the haves and have nots, and the spread between them is getting bigger and bigger.

I, for one, would still be in favor of a semi-pro league for FB players not interested in a college education. Then, the ones that do play college ball would be the ones that think they actually want the education part.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
From another article:

LSU announced that it had signed Brian Kelly to a 10-year contract worth $95 million — plus incentives.

It's unclear to what the incentives may amount, but they will likely push his contract into the nine-figure range, as reported by Matt Fortuna of The Athletic.

Yow-zer! No wonder he left ND.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Yep, and ND could have matched it easily, but I honestly believe when he made the decision (after denials earlier this year), he felt guilty enough about it that he was embarrassed to have his agent ask ND to match. Of course, this is just speculation on my part.
Doesn't ND have a requirement that no employee can make more than the president. Can make it up in perks I guess. That kind of money is hard to turn down.

slugboy

Staff member
Doesn't ND have a requirement that no employee can make more than the president. Can make it up in perks I guess. That kind of money is hard to turn down.
They already had side channels to pay Kelly so that he could earn more than the ND president. He had the Notre Dame contract and he had other contracts that went with it.