Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Do any of you remember the 2014 season? This hurts, but it's one game.
Are you serious right now? I mean I respect what you say 90% of the time, but come on. This is different level bad.
I will be shocked beyond belief if a turnaround happens.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Are you serious right now? I mean I respect what you say 90% of the time, but come on. This is different level bad.
I will be shocked beyond belief if a turnaround happens.
We are all frustrated right now. I am not going to dig up those old threads (if they exist), but the board was hot with similar feelings. Maybe you are correct and this is different in serious ways. But, I am not going to lobby for anything other than success for this team and our coaches.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Collins and staff can redeem themselves if they can show they know how to make corrections, fix clock management issues and also have the team ready for the game. All have been consistent issues the last.2 years.

Is it so much to ask to stop hyping this team up but proving less than that on field. We all want us to be elite level, but it's got to be shown on the field and stop losing to teams we play 1,000,000 to play, team that used to be cupcakes for us. Coach has to earn that and show he knows he is doing
We are all frustrated right now. I am not going to dig up those old threads (if they exist), but the board was hot with similar feelings. Maybe you are correct and this is different in serious ways. But, I am not going to lobby for anything other than success for this team and our coaches.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Do I dare ask what the recruits and commits are saying now? I woke up this morning and the nightmare is still reality.
At least I can take solace in knowing our players are amazing human beings and have developed into outstanding young men.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the game and I can tell you that fans near me have lost all hope for Collins. For just one of many examples, there is no way he should wasted two time outs early in the third quarter on one series when you have second and goal at the two. And of course, after the first time out, they lose yardage. (At that point why not do one or two QB sneaks to push it in?) Then, when they line up to kick the field goal, he lets the fans talk him out of it by booing (yes that is my opinion but it was pretty obvious) , calls time out and goes for it. And of course we could have used those three points later.
Also from the West stands it was pretty depressing seeing the mostly empty East stands across from us and must have been for the players too. But the students were out in full force. They deserve better.

SJBryan

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok- everybody wants him fired, I get it. Who you want? Let’s be serious, Coaching maybe an issue but ultimately the players have to play. I mean to be honest, I was not impressed with our O Line or D Line play. How come nobody is mentioning those Coaches be gone as well. I don’t mind the hype videos nor the jumping around on the sidelines to get pumped- that’s what the kids like. Money Down has got to go, but if you want him fired and that’s what most of these 22 pages say- who is doing that good of a job with what they have that we can afford to pay? Please enlighten me

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Do any of you remember the 2014 season? This hurts, but it's one game.
I don’t understand this comment. After Tech’s first game in 2014 I wrote a statement for FTRS that “this team has gumption at a level we haven’t seen in years at Tech.” I predicted after that first game that “this team is going to have a special season.” Maybe I am missing something but I did not see that same level of drive, focus and attention last night.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don’t understand this comment. After Tech’s first game in 2014 I wrote a statement for FTRS that “this team has gumption at a level we haven’t seen in years at Tech.” I predicted after that first game that “this team is going to have a special season.” Maybe I am missing something but I did not see that same level of drive, focus and attention last night.
We can all see how 2014 turned out and I remember your post.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Choice is the only coach that gets a paycheck this week. Is it sad that it doesn’t hurt any more?

TStan better be having some closed door, feeling hurting meetings this week. We should’ve won the game last night by 2 tds on talent alone.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I watched the press conference.

Three quick observations. 1.) When asked about wasting two times outs and then deciding to go for it CGC never really answered the question of why the indecision. He stressed that we missed scoring by inches.
2.) Is anyone else tired of how CGC hides behind his hat every time he has a bad loss?
3.) CGC certainly has a different style than any winning coach I’ve seen. I’m trying to imagine Saban having a bad game/loss and talking about how much the players just needed to feel his love. When Alabama got blown out by Clemson Saban was angry at the coaches, including himself, and angry that the players had believed their own press clippings and phoned it in.

Scottydog

Georgia Tech Fan
I watched a high school team on Friday night that would have beaten this GT team on Saturday night 48 to 14 - seriously.

Poor preparation, poor game planning, poor coaching, poor special teams, poor offensive line, great hype though.

ugacdawg

Georgia Tech Fan
I know it doesn’t mean much but even this diehard Dawg thinks you guys deserve better than this. I was stunned when I checked the scores at midnight. There is no question the Tech roster is better than it was, but Collins really reminds me of a less effective Butch Jones (that guy has on overall .625 coaching record believe it or not).

Not sure where Tech goes next with the big buyout, and the current situation makes a splash hire hard, but after watching that Oklahoma game I’d be on the phone to Willie Fritz today.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I know it doesn’t mean much but even this diehard Dawg thinks you guys deserve better than this. I was stunned when I checked the scores at midnight. There is no question the Tech roster is better than it was, but Collins really reminds me of a less effective Butch Jones (that guy has on overall .625 coaching record believe it or not).

Not sure where Tech goes next with the big buyout, and the current situation makes a splash hire hard, but after watching that Oklahoma game I’d be on the phone to Willie Fritz today.
Butch Jones would be a massive upgrade at this point