Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You have to look deep to see what is going on ;

in analytical geometry , r the the equation axe+2hxy+2gx+2fy+c =0 represents an ellipse when ab>h2 ; if the centre of the curve be the origin, the equation is 1 x 2 +2h=1 xy +b i y 2 = c1 , and if addition a pair of conjugate diameters are the axes , the equation is further simplified form is x 2 / a 2 +y2 /b2 = 1 , in which the centre is the origin and the major and minor axes the axes of co-ordinates.

so if you think about this you can see the problem .

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Teams have figured out who in our secondary to go after. We don't play tight man off the line and don't try to disrupt their timing or route. We sit back 5 to 10 yards and give the QB time to pick his receivers. We give up a lot of QB jailbreaks when we do get decent coverage. Isn't somebody assigned the QB? Lots of little breakdowns that go for big plays.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
and attending to injured players
The fact that he does this is crazy to me. It’s clearly coming from a good place in that he cares about his players, but when someone is hurt the rest of the team is typically trying to figure out what the hell to do next. Meanwhile our head coach is standing on the field letting a kid know he’s there for him. It’s just not necessary. He can accomplish that same thing by visiting with injured players after games, during the week, etc. Just a really strange thing to me.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Second problem we have besides money is who now wants to take this program over.
I think too much is being made with this continued argument. If no proven coach wants to do it, find an unproven one and pay him a lot less money - not 3.3 M/year average guaranteed if he doesn’t work out.

We aren’t really in a spot to set ourselves up for long term success. At this point we should be looking for value options that can get us out of the gutter to setup the future. Then you can either renegotiate or hire up once things look better.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
At least we’re not a joke to ESPN. Oh wait….

Week 11 stock watch​

Sell: The Atlanta curse

Auburn's campus is a mere 100 miles from Atlanta, a fact that might have seemed relevant to the superstitious football fans among us. Atlanta fans may recall a game when the Falcons held a seemingly insurmountable 28-3 lead that ended poorly. Auburn reenacted that collapse Saturday, blowing a 28-3 lead to Mississippi State, ultimately falling 43-34. So, blame the proximity to Atlanta? No way. The Braves have ended any talk of curses, and Georgia certainly seems to be doing just fine, too. Oh, Georgia Tech was up 21-7 against BC but lost 41-30, you say? Well, that's just Georgia Tech football. No need for curses there.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You have to look deep to see what is going on ;

in analytical geometry , r the the equation axe+2hxy+2gx+2fy+c =0 represents an ellipse when ab>h2 ; if the centre of the curve be the origin, the equation is 1 x 2 +2h=1 xy +b i y 2 = c1 , and if addition a pair of conjugate diameters are the axes , the equation is further simplified form is x 2 / a 2 +y2 /b2 = 1 , in which the centre is the origin and the major and minor axes the axes of co-ordinates.

so if you think about this you can see the problem .
Duh... Is there any way to simplify that for us sidewalk fans?

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
At least we’re not a joke to ESPN. Oh wait….

Week 11 stock watch​

Sell: The Atlanta curse

Auburn's campus is a mere 100 miles from Atlanta, a fact that might have seemed relevant to the superstitious football fans among us. Atlanta fans may recall a game when the Falcons held a seemingly insurmountable 28-3 lead that ended poorly. Auburn reenacted that collapse Saturday, blowing a 28-3 lead to Mississippi State, ultimately falling 43-34. So, blame the proximity to Atlanta? No way. The Braves have ended any talk of curses, and Georgia certainly seems to be doing just fine, too. Oh, Georgia Tech was up 21-7 against BC but lost 41-30, you say? Well, that's just Georgia Tech football. No need for curses there.
Lost the fans, lost the media
If we think he’s gone after next year, is it worth the extra 3 million to rip off the bandaid? I think so.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Do you think juanyeh, trey, and carpenter have regressed under the new staff?

This a great question. I asked myself this but then i wondered how good were they before? Imo, they made a few spot plays here and there, but i believe the perception of them didn’t match their game. We were so enamored with their size and athleticism and Tre carrying on the Swilling legacy that we crowned them as “Stars”

In reality, this heavy man Scheme doesn’t fit Tre. Tre also doesn’t have the hips to be a CB. He should’ve stayed at safety like he was coming out of HS.

What is Juanyeh? Is he a ballhawk? No. Only 2 INTs in 30+ Games. Is he a catalyst or a leader for the defense? No. I haven’t seen him galvanized the troops and get the defense on the same page. Is he a good tackler? Meh. Too many missed tackles and often out of position.

Same with Riq. Many on here loved him bc he looked what UGA had and we wanted that. Riq actually had a good start to his career but injuries has played a huge role in maximizing his potential. The same on-field questions for Juanyeh applies here as well and they do not check many boxes

So to answer your question: Have they regressed? Maybe but not to the extent we want it to be. Maybe they are what they are.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
nm
Lost the fans, lost the media
If we think he’s gone after next year, is it worth the extra 3 million to rip off the bandaid? I think so.
Its be $3M extra plus his 3M for next year. If we were to promote someone to interim maybe, but I think it takes a big donor to pony up at this point. However, given how well we did the last hiring cycle I wouldn’t do that if I were them.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
We suck. Bad. Don't see how Geoff turns this around. All you have to do is go back and watch the film of the past couple games, ESPECIALLY of the defense, to see how terribly coached these players are on fundamentals. You are either coaching it or allowing it to happen, and these coaches are allowing a ton of bull****.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
nm

Its be $3M extra plus his 3M for next year. If we were to promote someone to interim maybe, but I think it takes a big donor to pony up at this point. However, given how well we did the last hiring cycle I wouldn’t do that if I were them.
I know it’s not happening, but it absolutely should. IIWII

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
This a great question. I asked myself this but then i wondered how good were they before? Imo, they made a few spot plays here and there, but i believe the perception of them didn’t match their game. We were so enamored with their size and athleticism and Tre carrying on the Swilling legacy that we crowned them as “Stars”

In reality, this heavy man Scheme doesn’t fit Tre. Tre also doesn’t have the hips to be a CB. He should’ve stayed at safety like he was coming out of HS.

What is Juanyeh? Is he a ballhawk? No. Only 2 INTs in 30+ Games. Is he a catalyst or a leader for the defense? No. I haven’t seen him galvanized the troops and get the defense on the same page. Is he a good tackler? Meh. Too many missed tackles and often out of position.

Same with Riq. Many on here loved him bc he looked what UGA had and we wanted that. Riq actually had a good start to his career but injuries has played a huge role in maximizing his potential. The same on-field questions for Juanyeh applies here as well and they do not check many boxes

So to answer your question: Have they regressed? Maybe but not to the extent we want it to be. Maybe they are what they are.
That's an interesting take. Guess we'll find out next year (unless these guys get let go) if it's coaching or the players.

Personally I think they would have worked out much better had Nate Woody been here, but you played played and I didn't so take that for what it's worth.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Teams have figured out who in our secondary to go after. We don't play tight man off the line and don't try to disrupt their timing or route. We sit back 5 to 10 yards and give the QB time to pick his receivers. We give up a lot of QB jailbreaks when we do get decent coverage. Isn't somebody assigned the QB? Lots of little breakdowns that go for big plays.

This was addressed in the presser. It’s so much overcompensating going and it’s been this way week 1. Some reason guys are not trusting their teammate or the defense