Fire CJP

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pastner earns a pass this year given how last year ended, but if this year and next year are bad I’m not sure how long he can stick around

Probably looking down the barrel of firing the football coach next season. Given that football season ends before basketball season, gonna be tough to fire coaches of the two biggest sports in the same year.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Probably looking down the barrel of firing the football coach next season. Given that football season ends before basketball season, gonna be tough to fire coaches of the two biggest sports in the same year.

Heck of an athletic program Stansbury is overseeing

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If y'all are happy with bottom dwellers yes keep him, he won the acc tournament on some luck with covid, but we are watching his ceiling.
LOL! Another laughable post.

Kudos to you. You posted on a message board and that's the entirety of the action you're willing to take.

The rest of us must be happy.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
If they struggle to get into double digit wins two straight years, he absolutely should be on the hot seat. Sadly we know how much the finances suck for GT though. Getting a 9 seed in the tournament shouldn’t be the ceiling for a coach at this level.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Heck of an athletic program Stansbury is overseeing

Pastner isn't the problem some think he is. This was always going to be a tough season given what we lost, and the inexperience and youth. Covid running through our team didn't help.

Collins is 100% on Stansbury (and the big donors who pushed hard for him). That's a discussion for the other forum though.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Pastner isn't the problem some think he is. This was always going to be a tough season given what we lost, and the inexperience and youth. Covid running through our team didn't help.

Collins is 100% on Stansbury (and the big donors who pushed hard for him). That's a discussion for the other forum though.
I want Pastner to succeed, I really do. There needs to be a drastic overhaul of the roster this offseason. To see the two major money-making sports teams be at the bottom of the conference is awful.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Damn this is serious post 😳

This isn’t his best effort but last year gets him a legit extension and grace through this year at least. He is a year behind in recruiting so he has work to do this offseason

On another level though we are last in the ACC at 0-2 in large part because we played UNC and Duke. Frustrated as I am at the moment, not ready to call this team last in ACC