Fire CJP + State of the Program

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
He’s back next year regardless. Next year is the crucial season, this turns into a more veteran ball club and his guys.

He needs to land a wing player who can score either via transfer or a late signee. Huge swing and miss so far with this class. This staff is getting their asses kicked on the recruiting trail. Extremely disappointed in how bad we’ve been recruiting this 2019 class, made some poor decisions in guys who were targeted.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
He’s back next year regardless. Next year is the crucial season, this turns into a more veteran ball club and his guys.

He needs to land a wing player who can score either via transfer or a late signee. Huge swing and miss so far with this class. This staff is getting their asses kicked on the recruiting trail. Extremely disappointed in how bad we’ve been recruiting this 2019 class, made some poor decisions in guys who were targeted.

I think the administration has to give CJP more time now, since they screwed him by showing DLab the door (mainly due to Peterson’s ethical issues on the academic side).

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I figured the game was never in doubt against UGA when the announcers were giving so much time to our shot analyzer system. It was a lot more interesting than the game. Now the next question is whether it will do any good.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I assume they were talking about the NOAH system? To answer your next question, no it won't do any good. I've heard Pastner talking about this for the past 2 seasons and you see the results on the court now.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
p.s. Out of curiosity I just googled NOAH basketball, and it appears that the NOAH select system costs $5,600. That's nothing. If this is what our program has been bragging about, that's a joke. Unless we have some sort of super secret skunk works version that nobody else has, $5,600 is not a competitive advantage.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
p.p.s LOL there is a quote from Tony Bennett on the NOAH website. Maybe uva has the skunk works version instead of us.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on this his termination dare will either be March 2021 or February 2022. Based on the current trajectory of the program there is no way we will pay him the $500K bonus for being coach at the end of the 21-22 season. I have resigned to the thought that I might as well remember the Cremins days fondly as those appear to be the only time in my life the program will be worth a darn.

slugboy

Staff member
I think the administration has to give CJP more time now, since they screwed him by showing DLab the door (mainly due to Peterson’s ethical issues on the academic side).

I’ve seen this idea posted multiple times, but I don’t understand how “being tough” on DLab provides any ethical or PR cover for the much worse oversight of a true scandal and screw up with research money in a completely separate area. Plus, I don’t think the timing lines up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing that I read a lot of is that we don’t have the talent... completely false. The talent is here! The offensive scheme is not bad. There are no plays drawn up to utilize the strengths of what we have on our roster. It’s sad

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not an accomplishment to make it. Hell football schools make it all the time. We suck as a program no sugar coating it.

For a program that hasn't made it in a decade yes it's an accomplishment to make it. Now we should be in a better spot where making the NCAAT is an expectation and not an achievement, but we aren't, and before we can return to that state we have to actually make the NCAAT.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
p.s. Out of curiosity I just googled NOAH basketball, and it appears that the NOAH select system costs $5,600. That's nothing. If this is what our program has been bragging about, that's a joke. Unless we have some sort of super secret skunk works version that nobody else has, $5,600 is not a competitive advantage.

skunk works for me. just saying....