Finally the play I have been looking for...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The best pass and catch on Saturday was called back due to penalty. It was erased by the second of two consecutive chop block penalties. Justin was running for his life towards the right sideline and threw a dart down the line that was caught right at the first down marker by Jalen Camp who made an outstanding contested grab. The catch with a defender draped all over him while staying in bounds was amazing. Not bad for a 2 star recruit.

I wish I had a clip of it.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We HAVE to use the Abacks to burn LBs going out for passes with their speed because we sure give up size when they have to block on those same LBs many times.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Re: the first play TD
---
Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason suggested that Johnson might have even set up the Commodores. In video review, Mason said, when the Jackets had run an A-back in motion to the short, or boundary, side of the field, Vanderbilt coaches had never seen Tech throw back to the field side when sending the A-back in motion to the boundary.

“I mean, that play, that particular play had only come to the boundary with motion,” Mason said. “So, hey, man, great job by them.”

Vanderbilt linebacker Zach Cunningham said that the play “kind of threw us off balance a little bit.”

---
This is one of the things that can't be stressed enough. CPJ is absolutely intentional about play calling to set things up for later in the game/season/rivalry.

Maybe last year was a slow troll? All jokes aside, I am looking forward to Clem and son's return Thursday night and hope to see some old fashioned, late 2014 GT football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
As someone who grew up in Statesboro watching option football, I can tell you that one of the final pieces in operating the full play-book and executing the offense at a graduate level is hitting the a-backs in the seams on passing plays. It's something that I haven't seen a lot in the past few years, but hitting those a-backs in the seams gives safeties and linebackers fits because they're truly damned if they do, damned if they don't. Typically he reserves that for later in the game when he's sure that the safeties and linebackers are cheating, but if the threat of it is there, it opens up the run game.