Final Guesses - Which Freshmen play

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
What true Freshmen see the field this year?

The two I feel good about

Antonio Messick
Harrison Butker

Then I think we will see a DB play on special teams...

I'm going to guess PJ Davis

So my three are

PJ Davis
Messick
Butker

The others I considered were Chris Griffin, John Marvin and Ricky Jeune.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
PJ Davis is certainly ready to play, so I think that's pretty reasonable.

Obviously, Butker better see some time. I think we will need both Jeune and Messick at some point this season, unfortunately.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
IMO. Ty griffin will end up an Aback or an emergency DB like lasky was. Talked to some people on the team who said he was very quick.
My guesses are:
Butker
Marvin (ST)
Messick
PJ Davis (ST)
Commisong

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Butker is a lock he's going to kick for us. Messick and Juene are studs they will play a good bit.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I think Messick is the only one that'll play besides some guys on ST. Jeune could beat Messick out for that job too, I think only one will play as long as we stay healthy and there is production from the position. Butker will kick the ball off and take Field Goals. Before the season starts we need to do an over/under thread on number of returned kickoffs this season. I'd be willing to bet we won't let any of our big opponents return the ball.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I will say I hope and pray Butker is what we hope he is and then some. If he is then I think having a solid go to at kicker will improve the team dynamic drastically. With that said, my list would be...

Butker
PJ Davis ST and/or John Marvin ST
Messick WR and/or Jeune WR
and wait for it.... Custis. Yep I know its a long shot but....

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
BUTKER for sure. After that, from what I have seen, the ones that look college football ready body-wise, are MESSICK, DAVIS, ROBBINS. Robbins plays a crowded position so we shall see. I would have said Jeune before recently but Messick looks like a tailor made receiver for our offense. CUSTIS looks good too but plays a crowded position for this year. Commissiong could play because of necessity but hope it doesn't come to that.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
Antonio Messick is a guy that is suddenly getting a lot of talk. I haven't gotten a lot of specifics about how he is doing other than he looks the part. Clearly he's doing well because Eric predicts him to play. What's the story here? Is he dominating the 7 on 7? This would be a great story if he does play. Not a very highly recruited guy from a high school that struggled last year.

Butkter is a lock to play. I expect one of the WR to play and I'll go with Chris Griffin - he just looks the part to me - supposedly has a mean streak!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I've predicted Messick to play forever...I've always liked him a lot. He's very physical and can block. He also catches with his hands and not his body.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
BUTKER for sure. After that, from what I have seen, the ones that look college football ready body-wise, are MESSICK, DAVIS, ROBBINS. Robbins plays a crowded position so we shall see. I would have said Jeune before recently but Messick looks like a tailor made receiver for our offense. CUSTIS looks good too but plays a crowded position for this year. Commissiong could play because of necessity but hope it doesn't come to that.

I think we are okay at DT...Kallon, Gamble, Gotsis, Kitchens, Cummings, etc.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What true Freshmen see the field this year?

The two I feel good about

Antonio Messick
Harrison Butker

Then I think we will see a DB play on special teams...

I'm going to guess PJ Davis

So my three are

PJ Davis
Messick
Butker

The others I considered were Chris Griffin, John Marvin and Ricky Jeune.

My guess is on par with Eric

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I've predicted Messick to play forever...I've always liked him a lot. He's very physical and can block. He also catches with his hands and not his body.

I see him being similar to DT. His videos show him needing to improve route running and not having the speed. DT worked his butt off to get faster and that helped him greatly. Messick has clearly been working on quick feet and improving speed. He looks the part now.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I doubt Chris Griffin will play this year, that position is full and he still light in the bridges ..

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I doubt Chris Griffin will play this year, that position is full and he still light in the bridges ..

I agree with this opinion, but I think the expression you were looking for is "light in the britches"

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
OT is thinner than you may think

We have Bailey, Beno and Chamberlain.

Roberts is listed as a T but is better at G.

In an emergencey situation Jackson would move to T.

Bailey has been unable to stay healthy and if Finch goes down then Beno will move to C...Also remember that Griffin played in a offense familiar to ours and has almost the same terminology. I don't expect him to play but you can't rule him out yet in my mind.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Chase may be better at guard, I'm guessing he'd still be a better tackle than a true freshman. I'd also think that having Alford play center would to keep Beno at tackle would be preferable to playing a true freshman. Although who knows? I do believe that Chris was one of the most underrated players in our class (probably because of size). His tape and reputation in Florida was huge.