Final 2014 Season Predictions

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Aug. 30 WOFFORD - Win. Lots of guys play. PJ runs out of guys to put in the game in the fourth quarter.
Sept. 6 at Tulane - Win.
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN - Win. Big crowd, lots of fun, Jackets win by 20-plus.
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech - Loss. 18-17. Hokies fumble snap on game-tying extra point with no time left, kicker does a Garo Ypremian imitation and it winds up in hands of some fifth string walk on in the end zone.
Sept. 27 OPEN - We pwn these guys.
Oct. 4 MIAMI - Win. And it's about dang time. 34-23. JT runs for 120, throws for 125 and 2 scores. Laskey 2 TDs.
Oct. 11 DUKE Win. Jackets roll 44-20
Oct. 18 at North Carolina Win. 34-24.
Oct. 25 at Pitt Win. 28-20.
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA Win. 56-(-2). Virginia docked two points because they have yet to fire Mike London.
Nov. 8 at NC State Win. 34-31.Jamal Golden pick on last drive seals win. Laskey gets 3 TDs, Synjyn takes option pitch 40 yards for another score.
Nov. 15 CLEMSON Win. 25-17. Only rush for 240 but D stands up big. I Johnson runs fumble back for a TD, Golden punt return sets up game-clinching score.
Nov. 22 OPEN - Again, we pwn these guys.
Nov. 29 at Georgia - Win. 43-42. Gurley scores TD with 50 seconds left but Jamal takes kickoff back to Dogs 35. JT scores on QB draw from the 15 and Synjyn throws 2 pt pass on trick play going for two to win the game.

Aug. 30 WOFFORD - Win. Lots of guys play. PJ runs out of guys to put in the game in the fourth quarter.
Sept. 6 at Tulane - Win.
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN - Win. Big crowd, lots of fun, Jackets win by 20-plus.
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech - Loss. 18-17. Hokies fumble snap on game-tying extra point with no time left, kicker does a Garo Ypremian imitation and it winds up in hands of some fifth string walk on in the end zone.
Sept. 27 OPEN - We pwn these guys.
Oct. 4 MIAMI - Win. And it's about dang time. 34-23. JT runs for 120, throws for 125 and 2 scores. Laskey 2 TDs.
Oct. 11 DUKE Win. Jackets roll 44-20
Oct. 18 at North Carolina Win. 34-24.
Oct. 25 at Pitt Win. 28-20.
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA Win. 56-(-2). Virginia docked two points because they have yet to fire Mike London.
Nov. 8 at NC State Win. 34-31.Jamal Golden pick on last drive seals win. Laskey gets 3 TDs, Synjyn takes option pitch 40 yards for another score.
Nov. 15 CLEMSON Win. 25-17. Only rush for 240 but D stands up big. I Johnson runs fumble back for a TD, Golden punt return sets up game-clinching score.
Nov. 22 OPEN - Again, we pwn these guys.
Nov. 29 at Georgia - Win. 43-42. Gurley scores TD with 50 seconds left but Jamal takes kickoff back to Dogs 35. JT scores on QB draw from the 15 and Synjyn throws 2 pt pass on trick play going for two to win the game.
11 and 1 with a one point loss to Virginia Tech? Let me guess, they run the table and we're shut out of the ACCCG. :) But we get into the four team play off and take the prize.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Nah, Hokies stub their toe twice, we go to ACCCG. Winston claws his way into the end zone for game-winning score, replays are inconclusive, brawl breaks out in stands, blood in the streets of Charlotte until Ric Flair issues call for peace.

Nah, Hokies stub their toe twice, we go to ACCCG. Winston claws his way into the end zone for game-winning score, replays are inconclusive, brawl breaks out in stands, blood in the streets of Charlotte until Ric Flair issues call for peace.
"Claws his way. . . . as in crab claws?" You're killing me. You may not like it, but you better learn to love it. Ooooooooooooooooo!

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Aside from "they're due for a win," what reason do people have for UNC beating us this year? I don't know enough about the changes they underwent this offseason.

Scubapro

Banned
Aug. 30 WOFFORD Win..no contest...objective is to win without injury and get in some practice
Sept. 6 at Tulane - Win...Tulane lost their QB and RB from last year.
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN - Win...they will be looking for a repeat of the Gator miracle...aint gonna happen
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech - Win...this is the year we actually get some breaks and put 500 yards of O on them
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI - Pickem' If Duke Johnson is healthy then we could be in trouble
Oct. 11 DUKE - Win...Puke on Duke...they got very lucky last year...we hang 40+ on them again
Oct. 18 at North Carolina - Win...this is at their place but they come off a stretch of ECU, Clemson, VippySu and Notre Dame UNC will be tired
Oct. 25 at Pitt - Win...Donald (DT) and QB both graduated should be a win but this is in the middle of a long stretch...high potential of a slip
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA - Win...No way we should have won this game last year with like 5 or 6 turnovers BUT we did...we win again
Nov. 8 at NC State - Pickem' this game worries me...not sure why ...maybe because its at the end of the long string of games and its away
Nov. 15 CLEMSON - Loss...the Clemson D is gonna be tough and by this late in the season I think they will have found on offense
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia -Win...we play better at the cesspool than we do in Bobby Dodd....the mutts will be looking at a special year...and we will spoil it

thwgjacket

Aside from "they're due for a win," what reason do people have for UNC beating us this year? I don't know enough about the changes they underwent this offseason.
UNC does have 15 returning starters if you count the back-up who took over after BR went down last year. But honestly the overabundance of screen plays and predictable play calling has me less worried. Somebody said VT would have the best defense in years. They only return 5 guys on D and look to be really undersized. There offense also looked atrocious in the Spring Game but it was more because of drops and bad throws than anything else. A lot of people (not necessarily on here) seem to think Boone will be great for Duke this year but he threw 13 TD's and 13 picks last year. Miami will be interesting because I think they are depending on QB play more than anyone in the conference. A lot of people underrated Morris last year but I thought he was good enough to take some attention away from just stopping Duke Johnson. I'm not sure their passing game will be good enough to do that this year. As for Pitt, they have a really good, young RB. They will be huge on the OL averaging over 6'5 and 310#'s but that doesn't mean they'll be good. Again, no passing game, and when you're not running the option no passing game can kill an offense that just lines up and hands it between the guard and tackle like Pitt seems to do. Clemson is the definition of a question mark on offense however they do bring back an entire DL. I think the key here is that they only have 1 LB coming back. We've killed them on the edge in the past because their LB's were slow. Hopefully that happens again. UGA, well it'll be interesting to see if Mason can get the passing game going and if the loss of their secondary hurts them. They'll be good at LB and RB though.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Aug. 30 WOFFORD - W
Sept. 6 at Tulane - W
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN - W
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech - W
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI - L
Oct. 11 DUKE - W
Oct. 18 at North Carolina - L
Oct. 25 at Pitt - W
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA - W
Nov. 8 at NC State - L
Nov. 15 CLEMSON - W
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia - W
Dec. 31 - Auburn - Peach Bowl - W

Unfortunately, we play the pups better in Athens in recent years than we do in Atlanta. Time to get another one in the W column.

10-4! :)

Probably not, but it looks doable to me...

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
It occurred to me today that GT has a legitimate shot at the national title THIS YEAR. If we take care of business in our division, we have a chance to play FSU. An ACC title with a win over FSU would be enormous. Stranger things have happened and the path is before us. If this team can get some 08 magic goin... who knows.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Vegas has us at 6.5 or one place does. About right. At 7 no one would take the over but at 6.5 it may be a good bet. However the team is also 2 key injuries from being 6-6 imo too. I may take the over on it. Its a 9 win team if healthy

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Aug. 30 WOFFORD W
Sept. 6 at Tulane W
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN W
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech W
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI W
Oct. 11 DUKE W
Oct. 18 at North Carolina L
Oct. 25 at Pitt W
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA W
Nov. 8 at NC State W
Nov. 15 CLEMSON W
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia W
Dec. 6 ACC Championship-FSU W

Semi-Final vs. Ohio State: L big
oh so close. I said it before and I'll say it again: the Duke loss stings the most.