Final 2014 Season Predictions

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I could be overly confident, and this could change before the 4th game of the season.
Aug. 30 WOFFORD - W
Sept. 6 at Tulane -W
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN -W
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech -W The Jacket killer is gone finally. Plus we owe them 1
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI - L I hope im wrong. Just too much talent, and I have a feeling they run the ball a TON, then throw over the top occasionally for quick scores.
Oct. 11 DUKE - W This team just doesnt understand how to stop us. Lost a few damn good players.
Oct. 18 at North Carolina - W Same as with Duke, Overhyped.
Oct. 25 at Pitt - W Lost QB, and stud D-LINEMAN, close game though.
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA - W Closer than you think. Alot of talent on this squad, horribly coached.
Nov. 8 at NC State -W But im nervous about this game on the road.
Nov. 15 CLEMSON - L I know they lost alot of talent, but they reload pretty well. Too much speed
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia - L I hope im wrong on this prediction. Last game of the reg. Season, we will be worn down,Gurley will get 100 carries. This could go either way IF a bunch of IFs occur on both teams. Pruitt is unproven in athens, but did get rid of the knuckleheads. They will have a whole season of experience heading into this game.

That leaves us at 9-3 before any postseason games. I will say im worried about NC St. On the road and UVA at home. They always seem to play us close no matter what. We will definitely have to play well to beat them. Alot of new QBs being broken in so that gives me the most hope. We looked pretty good against the run last season, pass D has been horrible for a while. This could go really well, or really bad. We have a ton of ? too, but I have a feeling its much easier for us to overcome ours than for other teams to theirs. If we stay healthy, anything can happen.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
3-0
Aug. 30 WOFFORD
Sept. 6 at Tulane
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN​

3-1
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI
Oct. 11 DUKE
Oct. 18 at North Carolina​

3-0
Oct. 25 at Pitt
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA
Nov. 8 at NC State​

1-1
Nov. 15 CLEMSON
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia
10-2 reg season,
ACCCG = tossup

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
14-0 national champs. Get your head in the game people.
But seriously, I think we win 9 games. I've predicted that 3 years straight so it's gotta happen eventually right? I think we lose to miami, and georgia beat Clemson, and lose a game we shouldn't like Pitt or Virginia.

ramblinwreck24

Georgia Tech Fan
Aug. 30 WOFFORD --W
Sept. 6 at Tulane --W
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN --W
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech --W
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI --W
Oct. 11 DUKE --W
Oct. 18 at North Carolina --L (I have a feeling that we are due to lose to them)
Oct. 25 at Pitt --W
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA --W
Nov. 8 at NC State --W
Nov. 15 CLEMSON --L
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia --L

So 9-3...I'll actually downgrade it to 8-4 and say we will drop a game somewhere in there we shouldn't.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Aug. 30 WOFFORD - W
Sept. 6 at Tulane - W
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN - W
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech - W (with Logan Thomas gone we finally stop their offense)
Sept. 27 OPEN
Oct. 4 MIAMI - W We will go in trying to stop Duke Johnson and win a high scoring close game
Oct. 11 DUKE - W Don't know why ESPN is so hyped about them
Oct. 18 at North Carolina - W With Ebron gone, I believe we can cover them well enough to come out on top
Oct. 25 at Pitt W - with Aaron Donald gone we should be able to move the ball more effectivly
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA - W they are still a few years out of contention
Nov. 8 at NC State - W We can take them
Nov. 15 CLEMSON - W - Clemson doesn't play us well in Bobby Dodd, 9-0 momentum brings us the W
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia - L As much as i hate the Mutts, Gurly is the real deal and until he's gone i think they can run all over us. Hoping to be wrong of course
ACC Championship vs FSU - we lose, but its closer than people think

11-2 going into a winnable bowl game against a tough team

12-2. With great recruits coming in next year for when we play FSU and ND

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll stick with the prediction I've had for a while now: 9 wins; losses to three of the following: VPI, Miami, UNC, Clemson, and georgie

Other prediction: CPJ gets an extension at the end of the year

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
14-0 national champs. Get your head in the game people.
But seriously, I think we win 9 games. I've predicted that 3 years straight so it's gotta happen eventually right? I think we lose to miami, and georgia beat Clemson, and lose a game we shouldn't like Pitt or Virginia.
If your head was in the game;), you'd realize that the MNC would be 15-0!

That's my prediction. There's no one we can't beat on our schedule, so I'm not conceding a victory to anyone.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
To those saying UNC is due vs GT.....maybe so but I don't see it happening this year. I'm not blown away by their talent for one. Also, we play them in the middle of a nasty mid season grind. They face East Carolina, Clemson, VPI, and Notre Dame consecutively before they play us. We have an open date, Miami, then Duke before facing off against them. Favors us I think.

I think our three toughest games will be Miami, Clemson, and UGA. The first two are at home. We have an open date prior to UGA. So does UGA playing Charleston Southern the week before...push. We will beat them this year out of want to.

I'm gonna go ahead and change my answer to 12-0 regular season :p

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
There's a lot of optimism around here, but after last year I'm setting my standards as low as possible.

Wofford-W--easy win
@Tulane-W--win by 10+ points
Ga So-W--win by 20+
@VT-L--lose by a field goal
Miami-L--lose, but barely. Offense unable to do much.
Duke-L--Duke stays hot and gives us our worse beating at home this year
@UNC-L--UNC receivers and Ryan Switzer have a field day against our soft coverage
@Pitt-L--lose, but barely
UVA-W--beat UVA no problem to snap 5 game losing streak
@NC State-W--win this but not by much.
Clemson-L--Comeback falls short
@UGA-L--lose by 21+ D-line depth too weak to stop Gurley and Marshall. UGA wideouts have field day.

5-7 (2-6) bowl streak ends. Alums angry. CPJ is axed.

Prove me wrong

thwgjacket

Aug. 30 WOFFORD W(easy)
Sept. 6 at Tulane W (their team seems to be having a lot of problems)
Sept. 13 GEORGIA SOUTHERN W (new coach and QB who can't throw at all)
Sept. 20 at Virginia Tech W (defense loses a lot and is undersized this year, offense, none to speak of)
Sept. 27 OPEN W (when you're not losing you're winning)
Oct. 4 MIAMI L (close but I don't think we can handle Duke enough)
Oct. 11 DUKE W (this team is really overrated)
Oct. 18 at North Carolina W (I'm not sure they know how to beat us)
Oct. 25 at Pitt W (It's Pitt guys, come on. Plus they lose their QB and best DL, their young RB does look good though)
Nov. 1 VIRGINIA W (What is London doing these days?)
Nov. 8 at NC State W (Years from turning this program back around)
Nov. 15 CLEMSON L (This could turn to a W b/c Clemson has a lot of big questions everywhere)
Nov. 22 OPEN
Nov. 29 at Georgia L (Not sure that we can stop Gurley but also not sure Mason can throw well enough to make us not just stack the box)

9-3 with a chance at 10 in the bowl game is a good season IMO.