Film Study -Offense vs Wofford

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Was very impressed with JTs play. May have missed some reads but every QB we have had has done the same. And this will improve with reps. I'm not gonna get too pumped about pocket presence and such till we face pass rushes from major competition. His arm and quick release are legit though.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Also, did you see how Snoddy was shot out of a cannon once he turned upfield on that long run? Holy cow. That was the first time we have seen him stretch his legs. Laskey was chasing the play and got left in the dust. It is a good thing that DB had a steep angle on Broderick. Quite the burst indeed.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Justin "The Gambler" Thomas lives...that play scared the crap out of me. Never ever seen the pitch..just looked and seen Snoddy flying.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Justin "The Gambler" Thomas lives...that play scared the crap out of me. Never ever seen the pitch..just looked and seen Snoddy flying.

This was my reaction too. I went back and watched games from 08 and 09 a few weeks ago and saw that JN often made last sec quick pitches. I think we'll only see more of this.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck

Same reaction here as well. I had no idea JT had pitched the ball and before I knew it, Snoddy was 25 yards down field.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, did you see how Snoddy was shot out of a cannon once he turned upfield on that long run? Holy cow. That was the first time we have seen him stretch his legs. Laskey was chasing the play and got left in the dust. It is a good thing that DB had a steep angle on Broderick. Quite the burst indeed.

thanks for your expertise in GT football. yeah its a very good thing that the DB had the angle. I think all of college football was surprised he got caught.

Last edited:

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
What I really like about JT is that he is one of those guys who can take a team with decent talent and put them on the elite level. Kind of like Blake Bortles did with UCF or RG3 and Baylor. Its not that I dont like guys like Byerly but to do something special it takes a player like JT at the helm. Nesbitt was a stud but he had alot of talent around him and I dont think he could do some of the things that JT WILL do for us. Really glad that he showed who's team this was Saturday, and we have alot to look forward to with him.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The pitch didn't scare me from the angle I saw it at. I did think it was pitched past the LOS though and was holding my breath waiting for the flag for illegal forward pitch.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What I really like about JT is that he is one of those guys who can take a team with decent talent and put them on the elite level. Kind of like Blake Bortles did with UCF or RG3 and Baylor. Its not that I dont like guys like Byerly but to do something special it takes a player like JT at the helm. Nesbitt was a stud but he had alot of talent around him and I dont think he could do some of the things that JT WILL do for us. Really glad that he showed who's team this was Saturday, and we have alot to look forward to with him.
Agreed. This is HIS team now. No doubt. Just stay healthy. That is all.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oh, I just thought of another thing I was going to write. At no time did Wofford attempt to blitz the A gap like we had seen so much last year. I don't know why, but it never happened. I guess they were content to count on the OLB/DE crashing the dive on the TO along with the MLB.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Oh, I just thought of another thing I was going to write. At no time did Wofford attempt to blitz the A gap like we had seen so much last year. I don't know why, but it never happened. I guess they were content to count on the OLB/DE crashing the dive on the TO along with the MLB.
Agree, I thought they would try it at least a couple of times. One thing I had never seen before was a couple times they would line up somebody on the C and same side G and T with just one guy on the other side. Then they had the LB's shaded to said other side. Seem to work well the couple of times that I saw it.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I think some of the folks on the Georgia Southern message board were impressed with JT.
Once he settled down yesterday, he played very well. Seemed a little too amped up for the first 25 minutes. I think that last drive for the field goal before the half may have forced him to have a different mental approach and it something clearly clicked after that. PJ seemed a little miffed that Zenon didn't get out of bounds after making the catch - and at the time I was too - but after seeing the replay, I don't know that he really could have kept his feet and gotten out of bounds before getting tackled. Have to watch it again to make sure.

Woe be to the DB who is there in the alley trying to determine to take JT on the keep ... or Snoddy on the pitch.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yes CPJ was NOT happy about TZ not getting out of bounds to stop the clock. Mentioned it in the post game that TZ did the same thing last year. (I don't remember the game.)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
That or a hesitation step or two to have the tackler over pursue right into the sideline.

Yeah, but I think that's sort of what people were saying when they say he doesn't have great vision/etc.

He's a guy that has BLAZING speed, but needs to be able to run straight to use it.

Frankly, I'll take 65 yards at a time, and won't complain :)