Film Study - Offense vs VT

slugboy

Staff member
I know he was hurried, all I am saying is that with more experience, he should come to realize that throwing it up for grabs does no damage on a 4th down.
You're not really thinking in that situation--you're performing like you practice. If you're going slow enough to think, you're getting sacked.

Animal02

Banned
You're not really thinking in that situation--you're performing like you practice. If you're going slow enough to think, you're getting sacked.
Nope.....with experience, you know the situation and what the proper response is. no different than the DB knowing they should drop the ball on a fourth down instead of intercepting it. Not thinking and only reacting is for DIII.. Top players known the situation and are able to react based on what they know....not just what they practiced. Two years from now, JT will throw the ball differently in that situation.......he is that type of player

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nope.....with experience, you know the situation and what the proper response is. no different than the DB knowing they should drop the ball on a fourth down instead of intercepting it. Not thinking and only reacting is for DIII.. Top players known the situation and are able to react based on what they know....not just what they practiced. Two years from now, JT will throw the ball differently in that situation.......he is that type of player
I think you are making too much out of it. JT tried to get it to Waller but he was unable to for two reasons: 1) he had a defender inside his chinstrap and 2) he was rolling left and throwing across his body. Either thing alone makes the throw difficult, both together make it near impossible.

It also didn't help that Waller didn't react to the ball AT ALL. I think a better receiver may have made a play on it.

Animal02

Banned
I think you are making too much out of it. JT tried to get it to Waller but he was unable to for two reasons: 1) he had a defender inside his chinstrap and 2) he was rolling left and throwing across his body. Either thing alone makes the throw difficult, both together make it near impossible.

I disagree......all he has to do his throw it up......with experience he will realize that more. The "hail mary" type pass in that situation is the best option........even with an INT, we are in better field position. A more experience QB will know that without even thinking.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I disagree......all he has to do his throw it up......with experience he will realize that more. The "hail mary" type pass in that situation is the best option........even with an INT, we are in better field position. A more experience QB will know that without even thinking.
And a well coached DB will know to bat the ball down instead of catch it.

Declinometer

Banned
The play was a run pass option with run being in everyone's mind since it was, what, 4th and 2. Both Laskey and Thomas were leaning toward run. It's why Laskey over ran and missed the LB and JT had to much momentum to the outside to get the ball out there.

Animal02

Banned
The play was a run pass option with run being in everyone's mind since it was, what, 4th and 2. Both Laskey and Thomas were leaning toward run. It's why Laskey over ran and missed the LB and JT had to much momentum to the outside to get the ball out there.

I am not blaming JT for anything......In another year or two, in the exact same conditions, that pass is a TD.