Film Room: Offense vs. Temple

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
You are doing a great job putting words in other people's mouths. Nobody said Andrew was committing crimes, and nobody said that Andrew copied 100% of that article.
Sorry for exaggerating? Forgot it's the Internet and people take everything literally.

I'm not going to apologize for coming to the defense of my writers. I know Andrew worked his *** off to put his article out, and to have some random former player call him out for "plagiarizing" when the only thing that was similar was they both reviewed two of the same plays is not okay with me. You can say "too good to be true" or whatever, but the truth is, Andrew watched and reviewed the film using his own expertise and knowledge and provided a fuller analysis than Sed did. To assume that Sed "did all the leg work here" is an absolute load of horse crap.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
What a great look for FTRS to be arguing with a former player in public online. SMH. o_O People that are caught doing something tend to get EXTREMELY defensive.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
What a great look for FTRS to be arguing with a former player in public online. SMH. o_O People that are caught doing something tend to get EXTREMELY defensive.
People being falsely accused also get "EXTREMELY" defensive. And I couldn't care less that Sed is a former player. He could be my brother, but if he's going to call out one of my writers for plagiarism (falsely, I might add), yeah, I'm going to come to his defense.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2897

Sorry for exaggerating? Forgot it's the Internet and people take everything literally.

I'm not going to apologize for coming to the defense of my writers. I know Andrew worked his *** off to put his article out, and to have some random former player call him out for "plagiarizing" when the only thing that was similar was they both reviewed two of the same plays is not okay with me. You can say "too good to be true" or whatever, but the truth is, Andrew watched and reviewed the film using his own expertise and knowledge and provided a fuller analysis than Sed did. To assume that Sed "did all the leg work here" is an absolute load of horse crap.

This reply probably wasn't meant to be funny, but it was a hoot.

Nobody is asking for you to apologize for defending Andrew. Nobody is saying Andrew committed a crime. Nobody is saying Andrew 100% copied him.

Andrew said he watched the other analysis, then used some of the same plays in his handful that he reviewed. It is what it is.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Kudos to you for defending, Andrew! Can’t wait for the next review next Thursday and no I analyzed all 4 of those plays.

Here is Graham’s drive after halftime

giphy.gif

Inside zone- decently blocked. Not sure what the PSG is waiting on to block the LB. The safety is the extra defender unaccounted for defender in the run. Bad effort by Camp at the bottom

giphy.gif

Here you have basic Smash concept up top with a hitch and inside route running a corner route. Good read and strong accurate throw.

giphy.gif

Another rollout with Graham throw a dime to Camp.
Camp has been really great the contested catches

giphy.gif

QB power play. This should’ve been a bigger gain. We have 3 blockers for 3 defenders. I believe the RBs shouldve taken LB and the puller should lead inside or vice versa. Either way a missed opportunity and a missed facemask on Temple

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This reply probably wasn't meant to be funny, but it was a hoot.

Nobody is asking for you to apologize for defending Andrew. Nobody is saying Andrew committed a crime. Nobody is saying Andrew 100% copied him.

Andrew said he watched the other analysis, then used some of the same plays in his handful that he reviewed. It is what it is.

All of the same plays

Deleted member 2897

All of the same plays

Its a word play, like a politician. He provided an extended analysis of some other finer points beyond what you covered. Therefore, its not a 100% copy. It still takes a lot of time to put the article together, even if you leverage other sources for some of your material. So because 'he worked his *** off' to produce his article, that helps absolves him of criticism apparently.

It would have been better if he just would have provided attribution for some of his work, but oh well.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
All of the same plays
Plays you analyzed:
1stQ 2:04
3rdQ 9:09
1stQ 12:16*
1stQ 3:45*
1stQ 7:50
3rdQ 10:51
3rdQ 10:33
3rdQ 10:004

Plays Andrew analyzed:
3rdQ 13:56
3rdQ 14:27

But you analyzed all four plays...might be some similar play types that you covered, but different plays all together.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Really--who cares? They were all examples of our lack of execution which leads to ZERO Offensive points and everybody has a take on them..

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I am gratified we had the perfect run/pass ratio and things are just peachy. I thought part of this was to score, though. How much id we score, and what did I miss? Throwing the ball sideways is just a triple option pitch, you know.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Plays you analyzed:
1stQ 2:04
3rdQ 9:09
1stQ 7:50
3rdQ 10:51
3rdQ 10:33
3rdQ 10:004

Plays Andrew analyzed:
3rdQ 13:56
3rdQ 14:27

But you analyzed all four plays...might be some similar play types that you covered, but different plays all together.

Gotcha. Same play, different time stamp.

Keep up the good work and in- depth analysis, Andrew. Can’t wait the UNC breakdown

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I am gratified we had the perfect run/pass ratio and things are just peachy. I thought part of this was to score, though. How much id we score, and what did I miss? Throwing the ball sideways is just a triple option pitch, you know.

One must hold onto the ball to score or kick the oblong foreign object between the 2 yellow poles.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
People being falsely accused also get "EXTREMELY" defensive. And I couldn't care less that Sed is a former player. He could be my brother, but if he's going to call out one of my writers for plagiarism (falsely, I might add), yeah, I'm going to come to his defense.
Then maybe you should handle it in a private space. You escalated it tremendously and unnecessarily.