Feb. 4. NC St. Pre and Post Comments

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The 10-0 end of half and 11-3 end of game runs are good indicators of a team that lacks court intelligence in crunch time and has no go to player. Sad
Boy do we miss Jose in games like this. He could create offense, could shoot, and made free throws. There is no one like that on this team. I will say Sturdivant has been pretty good recently but disappeared late today. we need him to take control late.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I think we will see a quick trigger for pulling our traditional starters and see the young guns getting more time at this point it’s not happening for some of the old heads.

Hoping Smith is ready to go today. Going to need him on the glass.

We need to drive on their 5 relentlessly to get him into foul trouble. Dude is too big to have quick feet. Let’s take advantage. Hell back down anyone on our squad in the post so if we can’t guard him we gotta get him out. Fast.
Well so much for predictions. LOL

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that shot was like 5 feet behind the 3 pt line. When he let it go, I thought 'too far'
Maybe for some guys, but he has hit deep ones, and with his reputation and current day shooting, he HAS to hit that in this season, and especially this game.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
We obviously played better than we have in a while. Shot started to fall. Makes a huge difference.

To me, it was simply an issue that state had another gear when they needed it and we didn’t. They use that gear end of the half an end of the game and we had nothing.

I did think Pastor did a couple of neat things with focusing on Franklin, running their big to death and extending the zone a lot more than we have. I was surprised the extended zone worked, as well as it did, but give him credit. On the other side, you have to wonder if not having a gear in the last couple of minutes of the game comes from not having subbed in the whole second half. never know.

Anyway, improvement, but way too little too late.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So proud of the players effort. Contrary to some thinking, we have some talent on this team. The coaching is just terrible. Good job young men!

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
14 total minutes from the bench. Jalon & Deivon with 4 minutes each. I don’t get it. Surely the starters can’t be as fresh at the end of the game🤷🏻‍♂️

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Last GT plane flight for Pastner?

No matter how much I like the guy and hoped he succeeded, the handwriting is on the wall. Just not going to happen.

Hope we win, will not be surprised if we get destroyed. Teams need style points this time of the year and we’re primed to help.
We aren’t firing him before the season ends, and I’m honestly not sold that we will make a change after this season….

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
So proud of the players effort. Contrary to some thinking, we have some talent on this team. The coaching is just terrible. Good job young men!
Some being the operative word. Not enough to win but this game Franklin and Kelly played well less the bad turnover each had in the last few minutes.

No real leader or go to player is a major issue.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We had a chance and then... Kaput...

"The Jackets led 61-58 after successfully breaking N.C. State’s full-court press with a layup by guard Miles Kelly with 4:10 left in the game. But after Kelly’s basket, the Jackets did not score again until 25 seconds remained in the game, by which point the Wolfpack had ripped off an 11-0 run and led 69-61..."

The Atlanta Journal Constitution: Georgia Tech's misery extends with ninth consecutive defeat.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Partial explanation for some of the substitution pattern today, but nowhere near an excuse for the season

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Frustrating that we don’t have any semblance of a rotation. No points from bench. Not sure the players know what their roles are. Thoughts?
I agree with you. You don’t have to have rotations down to the minute but everybody needs to know the role and it helps a lot if you know you’re gonna play. Right now this is like random roulette wheel as to who’s gonna play where and when