Feb. 4. NC St. Pre and Post Comments

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From the GT app...

Tech (8-14, 1-11 ACC) looks to snap an eight-game losing streak against the ‘Pack, who defeated the Yellow Jackets, 78-66, on Jan. 17 in Atlanta. Tech’s only ACC win to date came over No. 12 Miami, 76-70, on Jan. 4, and since then has lost to Florida State, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, NC State, Syracuse, Clemson, Duke and Louisville, all by double digits with the exception of a one-point, overtime defeat at Notre Dame. The Jackets fell to last place in the conference standings after Wednesday’s loss to Louisville.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Hoping to see some more FPB today. He logged more confident minutes than I was expecting last game when he entered.

I would not be surprised if we win this game only because this is the token game NC State loses when they are having a season like this.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From Sports Chat Place, take NC St. and lay the points.
I don't think too many of us GT sports fans would disagree.

Randy’s Free Pick​

The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets are a bad team that’s getting worse, and that includes losing their last 5 games by an average of 20.6 points. The NC State Wolfpack win at home by an average of 17.1 points. Georgia Tech is 2-5 ATS on the road and is 0-5 ATS when an underdog of 7.5 or more points. Give me NC State in a home beat down.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hoping to see some more FPB today. He logged more confident minutes than I was expecting last game when he entered.

I would not be surprised if we win this game only because this is the token game NC State loses when they are having a season like this.
That is my hope too.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Last GT plane flight for Pastner?

No matter how much I like the guy and hoped he succeeded, the handwriting is on the wall. Just not going to happen.

Hope we win, will not be surprised if we get destroyed. Teams need style points this time of the year and we’re primed to help.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Last GT plane flight for Pastner?

No matter how much I like the guy and hoped he succeeded, the handwriting is on the wall. Just not going to happen.

Hope we win, will not be surprised if we get destroyed. Teams need style points this time of the year and we’re primed to help.
No. We've still got some road games this season.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think we will see a quick trigger for pulling our traditional starters and see the young guns getting more time at this point it’s not happening for some of the old heads.

Hoping Smith is ready to go today. Going to need him on the glass.

We need to drive on their 5 relentlessly to get him into foul trouble. Dude is too big to have quick feet. Let’s take advantage. Hell back down anyone on our squad in the post so if we can’t guard him we gotta get him out. Fast.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Played a great first half for 16 minutes. Down 6 because of a late collapse. They looked demoralized, will deflate at halftime, and end up down 13 going into the first media timeout and never get it under double digits for a serious amount of time the rest of the game.

Same as it ever was.

Also Pastner is going to make no adjustments to stop Burns and they will break any momentum we get with another easy 2 in the post.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Up 1, Kelly gets WIDE OPEN 3 and shoots air ball. He has the skill, but at this point in his career, definitely not a big game killer.
Hope he stays in program, his better, consistent days are ahead.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd feel better about this game if it was in the first half of the season. 'Good effort' isn't enough at this point in a season.

What is up with Pastner's substitution patterns. I get riding the hot guy, but geez.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Up 1, Kelly gets WIDE OPEN 3 and shoots air ball. He has the skill, but at this point in his career, definitely not a big game killer.
Hope he stays in program, his better, consistent days are ahead.
I think that shot was like 5 feet behind the 3 pt line. When he let it go, I thought 'too far'

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Hate that for the guys but they battled. I think those last 4 minutes were symptomatic of a team who hasn't had a ton experience with final media timeout games in hostile environments. The energy bumped up after Terq's dunk and we lost composure after Javon Franklin's turnover on the broken press.

Also another patented Pastner set play. I'd have to rewatch the play but a Deebo 3 off the dribble is like a 20-25% 3 point attempt.

I really enjoyed watching the game and hope there are pieces to build on. There are some winnable games and winnable road games coming up if we play like this.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Guess they ain't stopping by Sheetz on the way back to the airport.

... Think of all the money saved not having to buy all those snacks on the road trip.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Hate that for the guys but they battled. I think those last 4 minutes were symptomatic of a team who hasn't had a ton experience with final media timeout games in hostile environments. The energy bumped up after Terq's dunk and we lost composure after Javon Franklin's turnover on the broken press.

Also another patented Pastner set play. I'd have to rewatch the play but a Deebo 3 off the dribble is like a 20-25% 3 point attempt.

I really enjoyed watching the game and hope there are pieces to build on. There are some winnable games and winnable road games coming up if we play like this.
The 10-0 end of half and 11-3 end of game runs are good indicators of a team that lacks court intelligence in crunch time and has no go to player. Sad