1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

FBI Director Christopher Wray

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by GTRambler, Dec 10, 2019.

1. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

2. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

3. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Oh, wait, you mean the FBI, that group that was just shown to have made serious errors and may still come under criminal investigation by the DOJ, has made a pronouncement we should all bow down to?

Readers can look at the detailed executive summary and decide for themselves. But our own initial reading confirms the worst of what we feared about the bureau when it was run by James Comey. The FBI corrupted the secret court process for obtaining warrants to spy on former Trump aide Carter Page. And it did so by supplying the court with false information produced by Christopher Steele, an agent of the Hillary Clinton campaign.

How can anyone, most of all civil libertarians, pass this off as no big deal? The absolution is supposedly that Mr. Horowitz concludes that the FBI decision to open a counter-intelligence probe against the Trump campaign in July 2016 “was sufficient to predicate the investigation” under current FBI rules.

Yet Mr. Horowitz also notes that these rules amount to a “low threshold for predication.” John Durham, the U.S. Attorney investigating these matters for Attorney General William Barr, said Monday he disagrees with Mr. Horowitz’s conclusions on predication, albeit without elaboration for now.

Perhaps I'll wait to see more information and make my own mind up, shall I? (It's a technique you might wish to employ in the future...). My assumption is Wray only knows what he has been told, and it is not at all clear that the Deep State bureaucrats have been rooted out fully yet. Dems have had years to pack them in, it would shock me if they were all gone after only a couple of years under Trump...

4. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Wray has not shown himself in any way to be the right person for the job long before this. Big mistake by Trump to hire him to begin with.

Sidewalking and GT_EE78 like this.
  5. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

anyone seen whiskey or animal lately?

6. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Translation of the IG and Wray statements "When the truth proves to be embarrassing, its the truth that has to go.”

Sidewalking and bwelbo like this.
  7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I would have fired him on the spot. That isn’t the position of our intelligence services, Ukraine themselves, or facts in the public domain. Multiple people have been investigated, arrested, and convicted. When someone in his position says something so obviously wrong, you have to wonder about his mental faculties or motivations.

8. Sidewalking

Sidewalking Banned

Animal got tired of perceived mod bias in the football forum and isn't much interested in interacting as much anymore. Whiskey declined to debate Cuse (moderator/cite manager) on a football issue after stating he didn't believe he would get fair treatment by Cuse in doing so and stating he felt he was being baited by him into a possible forum ban if he did enter into public debate with him. When Cuse direct messaged him to inquire why Whiskey felt that way, and why he believed there was moderator bias, Whiskey explained his reasons for feeling that way.....and got perm banned. Through a discussion in a private direct message with Cuse as he was simultaneously in direct message with another mod over apparent feelings of friction between Cuse and Whiskey. That comes from my off swarm forum contacts from both Animal and Whiskey. Take it for what it's worth. Cuse probably has a different take and he is able to control the messaging here. And this may be my last post for mentioning any of the above lol.