Favorite uniform combo of the 2022 season?

Favorite uniform combo of the 2022 season?

• GOLD HELMET, NAVY JERSEY, NAVY PANTS (vs Clemson)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • GOLD HELMET, WHITE JERSEY, GOLD PANTS (WCU, @VT, @uGa)

Votes: 60 46.9%
  • GOLD HELMET, GOLD JERSEY, WHITE PANTS (Ole Miss)

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • WHITEOUT (@UCF, Miami)

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • WHITE HELMET, WHITE JERSEY, GOLD PANTS (@Pitt)

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • WHITE HELMET, GOLD JERSEY, WHITE PANTS (Duke)

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • GOLD HELMET, NAVY JERSEY, GOLD PANTS (Virginia)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • GOLD HELMET, WHITE JERSEY, NAVY PANTS (@FSU)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • WHITE HELMET, WHITE JERSEY, NAVY PANTS (@UNC)

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I feel like I say this every time I see them, but the Saints white uniforms have the perfect shade of gold.
Yes. This is why Nike was the better choice imo, not that we really had any bargaining power. The Adidas deal was really bad in terms of cash, and hopefully Batt can get us something better in 2024.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I loved our uniforms this year, and with good football in the future they’d look even better! What was your favorite combo?
I only want to point out that the GBG jerseys are very much like the ones worn by the 1990 champions and that the WWG combination was the one worn by Dodd's last team in 1966. I prefer the traditional GWG combo but more than willing to defer to other preferences with one caveat. The blue pants just look awful. The WGW combo is the one made famous by Calvin in that game against UVA when he just went crazy. It was pretty sharp, a different shade of gold, more like the old gold, with white helmets, gold stripe and two black borders with as I recall white pants and black trim. Seems numbers were black as well. A uniform thread and its not even spring practice, only at Tech. Coach Johnson once observed that he had never seen a fan base so obsessed with uniforms...its what we do around here, Coach.

Last edited:

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I feel like I say this every time I see them, but the Saints white uniforms have the perfect shade of gold.
There’s really not a whole lot of difference between the Saints’ color rush and what we’re wearing right now… The only real difference is that the Saints’ numbers are a little thicker and the gold is a little darker. But people freaked out about the darker gold we introduced this year because it looks too “mustard.” I think what we introduced this year is as close as we can get to perfect in order to be dark enough to be “old gold,” but bright enough not to be “mustard” like what we had in 2008 and the 60s.
Saints:
86D24B4A-EDA9-4E94-8185-E49335894071.jpeg

Tech:
02C1921A-C0F4-48BB-895A-11644B04884A.jpeg

People also always freak out when we wear gold colored jerseys or pants because the golds don’t match the helmets. The Saints’ gold doesn’t exactly match their helmets either. It’s an impossible task to match fabric gold to plastic/metal golds, but we got it close enough this time IMO. Some people don’t like the shiny gold we introduced this year, but I’m a fan. At times I think it looks a little goofy on the gold pants, but other times I think it’s unique and we should roll with it. I think the only thing I would change about our current set would be to run the pants stripe all the way down the length of the pants leg. For some reason it stops like 4/5 of the way down. Maybe also drop the metallic gold on the stripe down the gold pants, but I can also live with it either way.
00AD99BC-1D5A-4FDF-9431-2128B6D2D853.jpeg

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
There’s really not a whole lot of difference between the Saints’ color rush and what we’re wearing right now… The only real difference is that the Saints’ numbers are a little thicker and the gold is a little darker. But people freaked out about the darker gold we introduced this year because it looks too “mustard.” I think what we introduced this year is as close as we can get to perfect in order to be dark enough to be “old gold,” but bright enough not to be “mustard” like what we had in 2008 and the 60s.
Saints:View attachment 13719

Tech:
View attachment 13718

People also always freak out when we wear gold colored jerseys or pants because the golds don’t match the helmets. The Saints’ gold doesn’t exactly match their helmets either. It’s an impossible task to match fabric gold to plastic/metal golds, but we got it close enough this time IMO. Some people don’t like the shiny gold we introduced this year, but I’m a fan. At times I think it looks a little goofy on the gold pants, but other times I think it’s unique and we should roll with it. I think the only thing I would change about our current set would be to run the pants stripe all the way down the length of the pants leg. For some reason it stops like 4/5 of the way down. Maybe also drop the metallic gold on the stripe down the gold pants, but I can also live with it either way.
View attachment 13720
That gold on the Saints jersey does not match their helmet AT ALL, it’s too dark!

I am with you on this year’s GT uni’s I love the shiny gold numbers and stripes, unique and looks sharp!

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Saints:View attachment 13719

Tech:
View attachment 13718

View attachment 13720

That's only one version of a Saints uniform. They have done what GT has done with different shades, even slipping toward the mustard side. When they try to, they match....and I think that's a NIke thing.

1670343041040.png

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
That's only one version of a Saints uniform. They have done what GT has done with different shades, even slipping toward the mustard side. When they try to, they match....and I think that's a NIke thing.

View attachment 13722
Those aren’t the Saints uniforms that were being discussed, though. It was specifically the white color rush versions that were brought up. Their default home/away versions that you posted are much lighter Vegas gold. Way easier to match to helmets but look washed out, and nowhere close to old gold. Those teeter closer to the beige/sand color that most GT fans don’t like.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Those aren’t the Saints uniforms that were being discussed, though. It was specifically the white color rush versions that were brought up. Their default home/away versions that you posted are much lighter Vegas gold. Way easier to match to helmets but look washed out, and nowhere close to old gold. Those teeter closer to the beige/sand color that most GT fans don’t like.
No, I get what you're saying, but my comment is about being able to match colors/golds. Our problem is the helmet color is our 'sacred' gold which is fine to have, but we seem to struggle to match it where others seem to be good at matching their gold across many textiles and materials. I agree with the opinions voices over this color being not too dark (mustard) and not too light (sand or khaki).....my point is just match it.