Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I posted a lighthearted thread some time back about ice cream on sale. I thought I would start a thread and ask what everyone's favorite flavor of ice cream is, irrespective of brand.

I bought two half-gallons of Blue Bell Buttered Pecan today. (one sale for $4.99) Buttered Pecan is my favorite. @kg01 would probably be happy to know that I also eat Mayfield buttered pecan. @dtm1997 would probably be horrified to know that, and that I sometimes even eat store brand buttered pecan.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
peach (Blue Bell brand although it is not in stock very often), mint chocolate chip, pistachio and black cherry (not brand picky on these three). Homemade vanilla, especially on brownies or cobblers!!!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Edys slow churned espresso chip.

So Good Chefs Kiss GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Don't tell Aunt May(field) I been steppin out on her.

slugboy

Staff member
I’ll break the rules and go for an orange basil popsicle.
If I have to stick with ice cream, homemade fig

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
For me it’s not so much the flavor/brand, but the toppings and/or accompaniment. Vanilla bean over grilled pineapple, with hot butter-rum sauce. Mint-chocolate chip with warm raspberry sauce. Peach ice cream over fresh grilled peaches. Vanilla over oven-fresh brownies or blondies.

You’ll note the juxtaposition of hot and cold. That’s two-pinkies sophistication at its best, folks.

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
Boring...vanilla bean. Anybody's. I am not a snob, and I go for the deal. Not big into pie and/or brownies, although it's good on those. Lawd, I miss the hand cranked peach cream Daddy used to make.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Pistachio gelato (Talenti) for me.
They also make a really good sea salt caramel.

I am, however, excited to try orange basil popsicle and fig ice-cream. Gonna need those recipes @slugboy