Favorite COFH Game

northgajacket

Banned
What's your favorite COFH game?

My favorite is the 1999 edition where Manget kicked the game winner in ot. My first memory of the rivalry.

LibertyTurns

Banned
1999- Joe Ham's last game, Jaspar Thanks run, Goose recovers Manget's kick on 3rd down & he re-kicks on 4th down for win.

So here you have a win against the Mutts, at home, with one of the greatest GT QBs ever playing his last regular season game. You have a mutt doing what mutts do. Instead of kicking a FG for a win, they hand off and fumble. One ref says mutt ball, another says GT ball. Decision is made in favor of the good guys- how often does that happen? GT gets a chance to win the game with a super reliable FG kicker. Very makable distance. Nearly in the bag, but it is against the mutts. Manget who never misses, misses. Mutt fans go wild. Goose grabs the balls and runs, but is tackled. I'm yelling it's only 3rd down, we get another try. Mutt fans around me have no idea. They think I'm crazy. My son looks at me like I'm an alien. Mutt fans are going wild as they're now sure it's a sign from God they are destined to win. My son looks like someone shot the dog, but sees me happy. He's confused. Seems like an eternity then everyone around me realizes we're lining up to kick again. Mutts fans think we cheated and start yelling to stop the game. They paid good money for the refs and they want the ball. Manget makes the re-kick. GT fans go nuts. Mutt fans stand stunned. They lost, they lost to GT, they think they were screwed, their normal luck was no where to be found. Name me a better game than this.

I will say that the kick and pick game was close but not quite up to the 1999 game.

northgajacket

Banned
1999- Joe Ham's last game, Jaspar Thanks run, Goose recovers Manget's kick on 3rd down & he re-kicks on 4th down for win.

So here you have a win against the Mutts, at home, with one of the greatest GT QBs ever playing his last regular season game. You have a mutt doing what mutts do. Instead of kicking a FG for a win, they hand off and fumble. One ref says mutt ball, another says GT ball. Decision is made in favor of the good guys- how often does that happen? GT gets a chance to win the game with a super reliable FG kicker. Very makable distance. Nearly in the bag, but it is against the mutts. Manget who never misses, misses. Mutt fans go wild. Goose grabs the balls and runs, but is tackled. I'm yelling it's only 3rd down, we get another try. Mutt fans around me have no idea. They think I'm crazy. My son looks at me like I'm an alien. Mutt fans are going wild as they're now sure it's a sign from God they are destined to win. My son looks like someone shot the dog, but sees me happy. He's confused. Seems like an eternity then everyone around me realizes we're lining up to kick again. Mutts fans think we cheated and start yelling to stop the game. They paid good money for the refs and they want the ball. Manget makes the re-kick. GT fans go nuts. Mutt fans stand stunned. They lost, they lost to GT, they think they were screwed, their normal luck was no where to be found. Name me a better game than this.

I will say that the kick and pick game was close but not quite up to the 1999 game.

Also had ejections in that game

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I had forgotten how Lothridge looked when he was playing. He looked just like - wait for it - Tim Tebow. Same great run instincts, same slow, but effective, passing motion, same never say die attitude. Tebow wasn't up to pro ball since nobody would let him run the option. Too bad he couldn't kick.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I had forgotten how Lothridge looked when he was playing. He looked just like - wait for it - Tim Tebow. Same great run instincts, same slow, but effective, passing motion, same never say die attitude. Tebow wasn't up to pro ball since nobody would let him run the option. Too bad he couldn't kick.
I think he moved on the field like Roger Staubach did at Navy.