Fav Coaches

ramblinwreck24

Georgia Tech Fan
Reading a book on Bobby Bowden and since it's the offseason, who are your 5 favorite coaches ever and why?

1. Bobby Dodd- Goes without saying, no one will ever be over this guy. Now if it was AD, it would be a different story. Not a big fan of him as an AD.

2. Bobby Bowden- Even though I am a Tech fan first, I have always loved Bowden. The way he lives his life is remarkable, in and out of coaching.

3. Gary Patterson- Even though they had a down year this year, TCU could not have a better guy than this one. Have heard him speak on a couple of occasions and he has always impressed me. Also love his style of defense.

4. Steve Spurrier- I love his passion for the game and how he does things his way. A lot of people hate him but I think he's great. Plus he's probably the only person on Earth that hates the Dwags more than Tech fans.

5. Herman Edwards- He's not a college coach, but I have never seen a coach who cares more about his players than him. In my opinion he would be a great college coach but I don't ever see him giving it a go.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Not including any current coaches on purpose, they're careers are still ongoing.

Bud Wilkinson
Bobby Dodd
BobbyBowden
Darrell Royal
Frank Broyles

Reading a book on Bobby Bowden and since it's the offseason, who are your 5 favorite coaches ever and why?

1. Bobby Dodd- Goes without saying, no one will ever be over this guy. Now if it was AD, it would be a different story. Not a big fan of him as an AD.

2. Bobby Bowden- Even though I am a Tech fan first, I have always loved Bowden. The way he lives his life is remarkable, in and out of coaching.

3. Gary Patterson- Even though they had a down year this year, TCU could not have a better guy than this one. Have heard him speak on a couple of occasions and he has always impressed me. Also love his style of defense.

4. Steve Spurrier- I love his passion for the game and how he does things his way. A lot of people hate him but I think he's great. Plus he's probably the only person on Earth that hates the Dwags more than Tech fans.

5. Herman Edwards- He's not a college coach, but I have never seen a coach who cares more about his players than him. In my opinion he would be a great college coach but I don't ever see him giving it a go.
Whoa Nelly! Hard to reconcile Dodd and Bowden being on any list together on any subject. Arguably the most corrupt program in college athletics during Bowden's reign.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Spurrier, Parcells (is this college only question?), gol, friedgen, i guess bobby bowden. Struggling with my fifth, kinda feel like i am forgetting someone.