Fascinating podcast interview

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
with Ralph Friedgen from last year -- just stumbled across this. Apologies in advance if this was posted before.

Ralph has some very interesting things to see about his Tech years, particularly those rough first couple of seasons. Pretty entertaining stuff, too, about Ross having Friedgen and O'Leary "assess" the other's squad.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
with Ralph Friedgen from last year -- just stumbled across this. Apologies in advance if this was posted before.

Ralph has some very interesting things to see about his Tech years, particularly those rough first couple of seasons. Pretty entertaining stuff, too, about Ross having Friedgen and O'Leary "assess" the other's squad.

Does he need a job? Asking for some friends...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I hope we could get him to come in and consult. Dude was a mastermind, and way ahead of his time.

Yup. He understood the value of dual threat QBs and made use of them. It's why GT was so competitive with Miami and FSU when they were the elite teams in the country. I'm not sure GT fans realize how ahead of the times he was for us.

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
I miss Ralph. There was nothing like seeing Shawn Jones & Lil' Joe run his offense. You youngsters should watch the '99 GT/FSU game on youtube. I think it had every offensive formation known to man.