When does Pastner feel heat

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I'm sorry-- but could we get much worse that losing by 24 to Marquette (and NEVER was in the game)? So getting better is not saying much.
Starting with setting the bar low... Not sure we'll get more than a dozen wins this year... Hope that I am wrong.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Starting with setting the bar low... Not sure we'll get more than a dozen wins this year... Hope that I am wrong.
Looking at the schedule, if we count Florida Tech, I think we get exactly 12.

Remaining Wins: North Alabama, Northeastern, UGA. Though asking for consistency in three out of four consecutive games is always a risky proposition. God forbid.

Alabama State, Clemson (H), Pittsburgh (H), Florida Tech, Louisville (H), Boston College (A). There could be another one in there, likely Syracuse at home if I were to choose but NCState at home is possible as well though Smith and Joiner are a heck of a backcourt duo.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Eh, we'll end up with more than expected. We have a tradition of starting slow then getting better.

The question is should we expect more/better. While I do not subscribe to peac's brand of slacked-jawed negativity (sorry, not sorry @Peacone36 ) but I'm leaning more restless than not.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Eh, we'll end up with more than expected. We have a tradition of starting slow then getting better.

The question is should we expect more/better. While I do not subscribe to peac's brand of slacked-jawed negativity (sorry, not sorry @Peacone36 ) but I'm leaning more restless than not.
The offensive sets will definitely get better over the season. We have some good film from particularly the Utah game with regards to what works and a lot of film from the Marquette game what doesn’t. The Iowa game will be a nice litmus test against good competition to see what adjustments are made to avoid the streetball BS in the front court. I hope we run some of that against UNA even though we will beat them with the offense we’ve been running.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m similarly frustrated by our plan on offense so far this season. I have faith in CJP but am wondering if it’s internal conflict between his inclination and Coach Eski. Either way hope we sort it out soon. It’s not a lot of fun to watch what we’ve been rolling out so far this season.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Remaining Wins: North Alabama, Northeastern, UGA, Alabama State, Clemson (H), Pittsburgh (H), Florida Tech, Louisville (H), Boston College (A). There could be another one in there, likely Syracuse at home if I were to choose but NCState at home is possible as well though Smith and Joiner are a heck of a backcourt duo.

Think there are a few games they could steal.... FSU (A) (so far, the Noles have been a dumpster fire), Louisville (A), and Pitt (A) in addition to NCSU (H) and Syracuse (H) that you mention

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Think there are a few games they could steal.... FSU (A) (so far, the Noles have been a dumpster fire), Louisville (A), and Pitt (A) in addition to NCSU (H) and Syracuse (H) that you mention
For sure they are all possible. I think I just expect FSU to snap out of it at some point though it’s becoming less likely. They are historically very difficult at the Tucker Center.

Also not sure when/if Dior Johnson will play for Pitt. His trial starts soon I believe. If he doesn’t play then that should be a victory as well.

I agree on Louisville. Mistake on my part.

Most likely we will drop one of these games inexcusably and then surprisingly dominate Notre Dame or Virginia Tech as well. If we get a game where RH is true to form and Deebo and Miles are both on their game we can probably beat anyone in the league sans Virginia who is arguably the best team in the ACC to this point

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
I find it hard to be a fan of the men’s basketball coach. I look forward to his post game comments. It should be a time that he shares whats going on about the game and team.
Instead, today, he carries on about Lute Olsen. I like and support Georgia Tech basketball.
This was not the first time he was somewhat goofy. The fans and players deserve better.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
I think his press conferences are more entertaining than most. However, not sure I needed to know that the mothers of every recruit at Arizona wanted to bang Olsen.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
There have been some fun games and moments, but hopefully the next guy we get isn’t someone whose current team is excited to see him go. That’s a bad sign.