When does Pastner feel heat

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just make sure you make your text reliable to the Georgia Tech. Alexander Tharpe Fund and tag it for special use and enter where you want the funds to go. Looks like you would dent or something like "buy out Pastner's contract".

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Trust the process. Don’t be unreasonable.
The process has been ongoing for 7 years now. It’s obvious it’s not working. If you want to argue you can’t fire him now because of the football situation, fine. But we can’t continue to pretend Pastner is the guy, or that he will come up with solutions. His teams have consistently underperformed early in seasons, and it’s cost us big time come March. There are no more excuses for having a young team. His whole philosophy has been “get old, stay old”, but every year we talk about how young our talent is, and how much better we’ll be when they mature. It’s almost been 2 entire cycles of players, and the only thing we have to show for it is one really flukey year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
The process has been ongoing for 7 years now. It’s obvious it’s not working. If you want to argue you can’t fire him now because of the football situation, fine. But we can’t continue to pretend Pastner is the guy, or that he will come up with solutions. His teams have consistently underperformed early in seasons, and it’s cost us big time come March. There are no more excuses for having a young team. His whole philosophy has been “get old, stay old”, but every year we talk about how young our talent is, and how much better we’ll be when they mature. It’s almost been 2 entire cycles of players, and the only thing we have to show for it is one really flukey year.

It was sarcasm. 😎

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Every year we on the board start out just hoping the team will have a 500 record. Batt needs to take a hard look at the basketball program after he gets the football program straightened out. There’s no reason we should be this bad every year. Yeah we had one decent year but overall we are not good. Being in ATL and the ACC we should at least have a respectable program.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I like pastner but the excuses are up in year 7. He can’t put together an offensive team that can score consistently. He’s also had some atrocious recruiting years which is why we have no big men. He’s not going anywhere this year but he should be on the hot seat. Job should be on the line next year if we don’t go dancing.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
2019-2020 and 2020-2021 we had winning records in conference. We regressed last year, and it appear we may be in the same boat this year.

My hope is that we continue to get better and look competitive with the best in our conference by year end. If not then we are likely in trouble next year too. Basically I’d like to see this group progress. If they do I think the year after next could be a really good team. But if not then we probably are just biding time…

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like pastner but the excuses are up in year 7. He can’t put together an offensive team that can score consistently. He’s also had some atrocious recruiting years which is why we have no big men. He’s not going anywhere this year but he should be on the hot seat. Job should be on the line next year if we don’t go dancing.

Same here. I'm fine with Pastner staying through next year.

We'll get better this year if it's a typical year.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
19-20 and 20-21 were very unlikely events. Weak conference, COVID, and two unharalded players suddenly sprouting into stars came together in a once-in-a-lifetime coincidence. Many here are counting on that to happen again. I doubt it ever will. What's more, this year's recruits are projects and, so far, no help is coming next year.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Same here. I'm fine with Pastner staying through next year.

We'll get better this year if it's a typical year.

I hope you are right. Currently our offense looks pathetic. I understand Howard has some weaknesses, but if he doesn’t improve, we need to try some other players inside.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Every year we on the board start out just hoping the team will have a 500 record. Batt needs to take a hard look at the basketball program after he gets the football program straightened out. There’s no reason we should be this bad every year. Yeah we had one decent year but overall we are not good. Being in ATL and the ACC we should at least have a respectable program.
Why can't he do both? BB can be turned around alot quicker.