FanDuel sets over/under at 4 wins

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is what I don't get. I'm not a "Kool-Aid fanboy" and have been as pro-CPJ as anyone on these boards. I'm firmly on the wait and see train. That being said, I have us pegged for 4-5 wins this year.
I don’t think you’re a fan boy, but I do think you’re hedging. Maybe not hedging, just under selling our team a bit. Not much is going to change in the performance, the O’s gonna be the strength and the D’s gonna be the weakness. We’ll win six or seven maybe eight. When we do that, the fanboys will be bowing at the altar proclaiming coaching miracles.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I don’t think you’re a fan boy, but I do think you’re hedging. Maybe not hedging, just under selling our team a bit. Not much is going to change in the performance, the O’s gonna be the strength and the D’s gonna be the weakness. We’ll win six or seven maybe eight. When we do that, the fanboys will be bowing at the altar proclaiming coaching miracles.
We got all the GT factions weighing in:

A. Roster had talent vs cupboard is bare
B. ACC is easy vs not so fast, there’s zero pushovers
C. New & better coaches should produce vs they need time to get their systems in place
D. Luck like injuries and turnovers play a large part vs no it doesn’t it’s mostly coaching
E. The players will learn quickly vs this will be like mastering Mandarin in 3 weeks
F. The most import one:

*Need to set low expectations so we can beat our chest about our new coaches overachieving or have a built in excuse if we don’t do well

vs

*Need to set high expectations so we can ***** all year about how the new coaches don’t measure up to the old ones or say see I told you so if we do well

I only ask for a few things next season- GT football doesn’t kill me, every player plays hard & nobody mails it in, coaches are organized & have the team organized every game whether we’re executing well or not, we show signs of progress thru the year that occasional good future results are possible in the same fashion & degree of regularity we’re accustomed to or better and lastly:

We don’t punt on 4th & 1 between the 40’s unless there’s less than 30 secs left in the 1st half or if it’s the end of the game and we’re up by 9 or more.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I only ask for a few things next season- GT football doesn’t kill me, every player plays hard & nobody mails it in, coaches are organized & have the team organized every game whether we’re executing well or not, we show signs of progress thru the year that occasional good future results are possible in the same fashion & degree of regularity we’re accustomed to or better and lastly:

We don’t punt on 4th & 1 between the 40’s unless there’s less than 30 secs left in the 1st half or if it’s the end of the game and we’re up by 9 or more.

I agree with the above. One thing that left me surprised the past few seasons was the way the team showed no heart or pride in several games. The last bowl game being the most recent. Collins time at Bama and Florida has taught him the game of processing so I’m looking forward to eventually having a full roster of like minded guys. I expect a lot of processing next off season.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I agree with the above. One thing that left me surprised the past few seasons was the way the team showed no heart or pride in several games. The last bowl game being the most recent. Collins time at Bama and Florida has taught him the game of processing so I’m looking forward to eventually having a full roster of like minded guys. I expect a lot of processing next off season.
If I ever got CPJ alone I’d ask him a few things, that being one of them. I believe he thought at GT his scheme would excel because he’d have better talent than he ever had before. Sadly, the leadership aspect seemed to be severely lacking in many years & no matter how good your talent you’ll never be able to overcome a lack of leadership in any kind of team environment. It’s just a killer.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Since u are all about others invalid motives , they could say--- You clearly are trolling high expectations so u can be the charter member of fire the coach band. That's fine as cgc will take us ti the next level or not.

Let us know when u check out a hs game for our top recruit.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Since u are all about others invalid motives , they could say--- You clearly are trolling high expectations so u can be the charter member of fire the coach band. That's fine as cgc will take us ti the next level or not.

Let us know when u check out a hs game for our top recruit.
But I don’t have high expectations, just status quo.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Exactly what I am thinking, DCS - probably an upside of 7 wins, but I do believe the downside could be lower than 6. It should not be, but it could be. I have no idea how this staff will do with a D that is undersized and lacks talent/depth - I believe the last 2 D-coordinators had ways of dealing with this reality (although many did not like the approach by CTR) - hopefully, the new coach(es) will also have a great plan to allow us to stay in ball games.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Our DL will be undersized by today's standards. Power teams will give us problems stopping the run. We can hold our own with at least half of the ACC teams. How good our QB can make plays will give us chances against those teams.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Our DL will be undersized by today's standards. Power teams will give us problems stopping the run. We can hold our own with at least half of the ACC teams. How good our QB can make plays will give us chances against those teams.
Just wondering how small are we? I really have no idea but below is NFL data and I’d think your average college player is maybe an inch or 2 shorter at most and 10-20lbs lighter but that’s just a guess on my part.

Avg NFL DL are 6’3”

DT avg weight is 310
DE avg weight is 275