FanDuel has posted odds for 3 Tech games

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Don’t get me wrong. I hope we win 6 and I really want a bow game this season. But looking at the state of the team, who has joined, and who has left, I think 2-3 is a good estimate.

Please give me a reason to believe otherwise (not trying to start an argument - I legitimately want a reason to be optimistic).

Ah, so the witty jingle didn't move ya?

It's all hope. Thats all the 'reason' you need, sir.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Can u keep up being that optimistic till start of season?

If we can go from GROSS INCOMPETENCE ( uga 21) , to beating these 2 teams, the earths magnetic poles will shift.

I will be estatic if we are with in 2 scores and have the ball as time runs out.

Need some great practice news on Sims , other qbs , multiple WRs before I can begin to hope.
Expecting our offense with new coaches, and new players all over the place to come out swinging against probably the best defense in college football in the first game is asking too much. We might have a fighters chance against Ole Miss though. Depends on how in sync they are with all of the changes on offense. We could also lose that game by 30+ if they are clicking by then. Jaxson Dart is going to put up big numbers this year.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Can u keep up being that optimistic till start of season?

If we can go from GROSS INCOMPETENCE ( uga 21) , to beating these 2 teams, the earths magnetic poles will shift.

I will be estatic if we are with in 2 scores and have the ball as time runs out.

Need some great practice news on Sims , other qbs , multiple WRs before I can begin to hope.
I did preface with “hopefully” but YES, I can certainly be optimistic until the START of the season! :ROFLMAO:

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Expecting our offense with new coaches, and new players all over the place to come out swinging against probably the best defense in college football in the first game is asking too much. We might have a fighters chance against Ole Miss though. Depends on how in sync they are with all of the changes on offense. We could also lose that game by 30+ if they are clicking by then. Jaxson Dart is going to put up big numbers this year.
This is along my line of thinking. I don’t think anyone in Clemson SC is going to tolerate a result anywhere close to what we saw last year. I anticipate we play them tighter than the final score indicates but casual observer sees a commanding Clemson win.

So for Ole Miss, I’m thinking sneak attack....
Ole Miss is looking at home games against 5-7 Troy and 5-6 central Arkansas, a road game at 3-9 GT and then 7-6 Tulsa back at home. They’re already mentally 4-0 going into homecoming with Kentucky and a date with Vandy after that.
The back half of their schedule is brutal but they probably don’t plan to play their starters more than three quarters until week 5... and rest then again at Vandy in week 6!
I think they come to the flats a little flat, and we just might be a little quicker, a little stronger and a little nastier than they bargained for. All of a sudden they’re in a slug fest they weren’t prepared for and anything can happen... and it will!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I’m not a better... Just don’t do it...but I would get on tech +10 in the ole miss game. I just have a feeling that result is going to surprise a lot of people. We are going to start 3-3 with wins over WCU, Ole Miss and Duke.
Beat UVA after the bye week and we’re bowling.
Lose to the Cavs and we may finish on an 0-6 slide.
Just another prognostication worth exactly what you paid for it.... then again, it could be worth something if you take the Jackets and 10.
I do not share your optimism but your scenario is certainly plausible. After all, just last year the Jackets were 3-3 after upsetting number 10 UNC and very easily have been 5-1 with a few breaks in the Northern Illinois and against Clemson but that is not here or there. This team is not as talented as last year's team but faces, in my opinion, a somewhat easier schedule. As for the "0-6 slide" well, that has been done before too. IIWII

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Comes down to Jeff Simms.

UCF, Pitt, UVa, VT, Duke, WCU, FSU, UNC all winnable games.

All but WCU are losable, too.

Wouldn't shock me if you went 1-11. Wouldn't shock me if you went 9-3.
I don’t think our season is that much of a crap shoot. Both of those results would shock me.
I think we can beat 9 teams on our schedule, but it would require us to play consistently at about the highest level we’re capable of playing. That’s asking a lot for any team...
Conversely, we’re going to put together a couple of wins that we theoretically “shouldn’t” be able to get. I don’t see how (barring a major catastrophe) we only win 1.
I would be pretty shocked if the win total crept outside the range of 3 to 7.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’ll take us -20.5 all day against Clemson. Hell, we almost beat them with a back up qb last year, while DP was calling the offense and they had Elliot and Venables as OC and DC. DJ looked like **** in the spring game and might not even start against us. They have plenty of talent but it’s not like they beat us by 3 TD last year.

Not saying we will win but 20.5 seems high.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is along my line of thinking. I don’t think anyone in Clemson SC is going to tolerate a result anywhere close to what we saw last year. I anticipate we play them tighter than the final score indicates but casual observer sees a commanding Clemson win.

So for Ole Miss, I’m thinking sneak attack....
Ole Miss is looking at home games against 5-7 Troy and 5-6 central Arkansas, a road game at 3-9 GT and then 7-6 Tulsa back at home. They’re already mentally 4-0 going into homecoming with Kentucky and a date with Vandy after that.
The back half of their schedule is brutal but they probably don’t plan to play their starters more than three quarters until week 5... and rest then again at Vandy in week 6!
I think they come to the flats a little flat, and we just might be a little quicker, a little stronger and a little nastier than they bargained for. All of a sudden they’re in a slug fest they weren’t prepared for and anything can happen... and it will!
Clemson - had a OL starter take a medical due to neck injury.
Hunter Rayburn. from Pensacola.
They were not impressive last year so maybe we get lucky early

UCF - has a TWO DEEP all r-junior, senior or r-senior OL.
i think A Medley is there as a back up r-junior from Pensacola.

Pitt has their ol back as well.

Too depressing.

See you guy in a few weeks!

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think our season is that much of a crap shoot. Both of those results would shock me.
I think we can beat 9 teams on our schedule, but it would require us to play consistently at about the highest level we’re capable of playing. That’s asking a lot for any team...
Conversely, we’re going to put together a couple of wins that we theoretically “shouldn’t” be able to get. I don’t see how (barring a major catastrophe) we only win 1.
I would be pretty shocked if the win total crept outside the range of 3 to 7.
This may be a semantic disagreement, as I agree with everything you said.

I'd be "surprised" if it crept outside 3-7, but I wouldn't be "shocked". I'd be SHOCKED if you won 10 games, meaning like "...I need to re-evaluate my understanding of things on a fundamental level"

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Hold still, gtphd. I'm just lookin at yer name and ...

200.gif
At some point—say, by the start of the actual season—won’t it be easier to just keep a list of the people who are NOT on “The List” ?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Decent chance we don't score against Clemson.
We scored last year without Sims... We will score at least 14 against Clemson. Clemson will be lucky to put up more than 21 points. We have a solid chance of winning that game. Clemson lost their O and D coordinators. They keep running out a QB that clearly isn't "THE" guy. They will have to beat us on the ground rather than through the air. That will chew time. As long as we don't turn the ball over and give them a short field we will keep this within reach.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
This may be a semantic disagreement, as I agree with everything you said.

I'd be "surprised" if it crept outside 3-7, but I wouldn't be "shocked". I'd be SHOCKED if you won 10 games, meaning like "...I need to re-evaluate my understanding of things on a fundamental level"
Yes we have a semantic disagreement

To be clear, I feel strongly that I would be marginally more emphatic in my intensity of bemusement than you would be if all other circumstances were equal.

:)

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Clemson - had a OL starter take a medical due to neck injury.
Hunter Rayburn. from Pensacola.
They were not impressive last year so maybe we get lucky early

UCF - has a TWO DEEP all r-junior, senior or r-senior OL.
i think A Medley is there as a back up r-junior from Pensacola.

Pitt has their ol back as well.

Too depressing.

See you guy in a few weeks!
Nothing to be depressed about right now... today the season is full of possibilities. No need to be depressed until there’s something to be depressed about!

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We scored last year without Sims... We will score at least 14 against Clemson. Clemson will be lucky to put up more than 21 points. We have a solid chance of winning that game. Clemson lost their O and D coordinators. They keep running out a QB that clearly isn't "THE" guy. They will have to beat us on the ground rather than through the air. That will chew time. As long as we don't turn the ball over and give them a short field we will keep this within reach.
Neither of those scores make much sense. Why is Clemson going to be lucky to score 21 when they scored 30+ in 5 of their last 6 games last year against mostly better defenses, and now have a phenom QB ready to replace DJ if he struggles? Why are we expecting to do much better offensively with the personnel we have lost, while they return an absolutely monster defense loaded with NFL first rounders with plenty of time to prepare? It could happen, but the line seems right to me.

JacketFan137

Banned
I do not share your optimism but your scenario is certainly plausible. After all, just last year the Jackets were 3-3 after upsetting number 10 UNC and very easily have been 5-1 with a few breaks in the Northern Illinois and against Clemson but that is not here or there. This team is not as talented as last year's team but faces, in my opinion, a somewhat easier schedule. As for the "0-6 slide" well, that has been done before too. IIWII
i don’t really see anywhere we’ve taken a massive talent hit outside of gibbs and mason leaving and even then mcduffie is a very good rb and dontae showed us a lot last year. the rest of the players even if they had talent did not show it. particularly our senior lead defensive backfield who was BY FAR our worst unit on the team.

i’m hopeful new coaching can get the guys to play a little bit better and make up for the lost talent.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
You are correct... my “gut feel” is somewhat rooted in this unshakeable notion that we’ve been here before...
I hope we get to 3 and 3 and the horrors of how we finished last year serve as a cautionary tale, not another deja vu flare up.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Neither of those scores make much sense. Why is Clemson going to be lucky to score 21 when they scored 30+ in 5 of their last 6 games last year against mostly better defenses, and now have a phenom QB ready to replace DJ if he struggles? Why are we expecting to do much better offensively with the personnel we have lost, while they return an absolutely monster defense loaded with NFL first rounders with plenty of time to prepare? It could happen, but the line seems right to me.

You keep saying lost a lot. Not being starter doesn’t mean they didn’t play last season.