Fan Day

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Awbuzz....thanks so much for doing this and for the nice comment. I am sure he was quite surprised. Looking forward to my Sunday night phone conversation with him to get his take on fan day and the first couple of days of practice. Also how he feels about his Chem final.

Wish I could have been there. I went to school with Tre's father here in Augusta. He's got a lot of fans down this way waiting to cheer for him in particular. I know you're proud.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Quite a bunch of rambunctious kids. All of them wrote numbers and names in scribble all over my poster. I'd make them do sprints but I hear Butker and coach will conspire to get them out of it. Seriously this is a wonderful group of players: pleasant, respectful, energetic, fun. Its totally different to interact with a real player up close face to face as opposed to just seeing a numbered uniform. What a wonderful experience to meet with these fine young men. Anybody who thinks he is a fan should come out to Fan day and become a real fan. Thanks GT for a really nice experience.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I had a good laugh with Synjyn about his 'We are going to Charlotte" viral video lol..
He said "man if he had of missed that field goal!"....

Good times for both fan and player!

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Boomer, great to meet you and the other guys- I missed Roddy, we have known them and lost against him since he was the best running back in high school, he is one of those guys you look at and say
"That is what I want my son to be like" he is an impressive man.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I was hoping that whomever did this would first explain to Tre why they wanted to hug him. Glad you thought of that Awbuzz. :p
I was hoping he hugged him first, then whispered in his ear it was from DaddyBill but to each their own.... Sounds like we have a good group of guys in the program.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Thanks for all the postings & pictures. I sure wish I could have gone but family vacation got in the way. I will be there on the 30th cheering on the White & Gold.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey boomer, I met you briefly as well. I was in line right in front of you to get into the stadium and was asking Brandon's dad if he had coached against Mikell. Anyways good to meet you and I am sure you enjoyed meeting Roddy. I sat next to him at a few GT basketball games while he was in school, he is a great dude.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20140803_100445.jpg
20140803_100306.jpg
20140803_100428.jpg
20140803_100530.jpg
20140803_095746.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My daughter, her boyfriend and I had a great time. Sorry we missed anyone who stopped by Peter's Park - we were in the SE part of the parking lot from 10 till to 10 after 4. Then went into line. It was a great time talking with people. Gotta go home now.

The players were all upbeat and friendly. The one thing that stood out to me the most was how much bigger they seem to be than 6-8 years ago. I'd think our starting lines are 20-40 pounds heavier than before.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
My daughter, her boyfriend and I had a great time. Sorry we missed anyone who stopped by Peter's Park - we were in the SE part of the parking lot from 10 till to 10 after 4. Then went into line. It was a great time talking with people. Gotta go home now.

The players were all upbeat and friendly. The one thing that stood out to me the most was how much bigger they seem to be than 6-8 years ago. I'd think our starting lines are 20-40 pounds heavier than before.

Yes. And it was hard to pick out the freshmen from the vets, especially Stickler, Whitley, Brown, and Klock. (Of course Griffin is the model.) W Bryan and the Morgans will only add to that along with another year for Marshall and Preddy to fill out. The DTs looked awfully good physically, but just not enough of them.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hey boomer, I met you briefly as well. I was in line right in front of you to get into the stadium and was asking Brandon's dad if he had coached against Mikell. Anyways good to meet you and I am sure you enjoyed meeting Roddy. I sat next to him at a few GT basketball games while he was in school, he is a great dude.
Great to meet you too!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Well I was there at the same time in the parking deck. We all met in the lower level. Were you upstairs? Maybe since you are NAVY you have a little trouble with land nav. Nuk Nuk.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20140803_130614.jpg
This picture days alot of the size of Kallon. I'm hoping he can do good things this season.

It seems there was some A\V work being done.
I could see some conduit and coax drops being ran onto the northern concourse.
I hope someone finally listened to some of our fan base who would like to be kept abreast of the game while standing in line for a drink.
It is perhaps digital signage displays to view game feeds maybe?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Awbuzz....thanks so much for doing this and for the nice comment. I am sure he was quite surprised. Looking forward to my Sunday night phone conversation with him to get his take on fan day and the first couple of days of practice. Also how he feels about his Chem final.

It was my pleasure to be able to do so. Thanks for "making" the opportunity. :)